Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How proud are you???

Options
  • 23-01-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I’m astoundingly impressed by what has happened in the United States, electing a black person as president is a major step, personally I never thought it possible that a woman or a black person would be elected during this campaign although I was hoping this would be the case.

Has Obama brought some glamour into politics now and is this a good thing or a bad thing, does he’s make you feel that politicians are not all bad as he just seems like a genuine guy, how many other politicians can you say that about.

Also check out this video I came across on youtube if you wish, even as an Irish citizen I feel proud of America and I hope that this step may lead to a better world…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Yup... I’ve got tingles running up my leg. Each morning I wake up and find I need to pinch myself in order to make sure all of this is really true... Just before my morning cup of Kool-Aid. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

lol wut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Personally I'm not a bit proud

I am Irish and white, so a black American president is no different to me than a Sikh India Prime Minister.

I don't see the big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

They have come a step forward that's true.
    They voted on the fact they think he may do a good job,not on colour of skin.
    but you know what i don't think Americans look at skin colour well majority don't when they vote its about who gives best campaign and biggest promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Politically, its business as usual for me. good to see things getting done in the first few days.

Aesthetically, it does feel good to have a president most everyone seems able to look up to. almost like what I would have expected if I was alive when Kennedy wasnt being shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

shqipshume wrote: »
    They have come a step forward that's true.
    They voted on the fact they think he may do a good job,not on colour of skin.
    but you know what i don't think Americans look at skin colour well majority don't when they vote its about who gives best campaign and biggest promises.

is that a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Why do you call him black? Why not call him white, if you must refer to his colour? After all, he is the product of one black person and one white person. The Americans have a ways to come yet, he is "safe black". They have made a first step, but have not elected a black president.

But why would I be proud? That the USA, a foreign country, has deluded itself that it has somehow done something wonderful? Why would I be proud of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

is that a joke?

Why did you say that? :confused:

Advertisement