Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Facilities in City

Options
  • 23-01-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am trying to organise a 5 or 6 a side soccer with some of the lads from work. I have tried LIT, Grove Island, Crescent Comp and Castletroy college and none of them have any open slots

Anyone know any other places I can try

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

UL, but you'll be lucky during the college semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Whoa! Amenities! What are they? Since in the North of the city I could only dream of such a thing.

Sorry I couldn't help. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Cheers I cant think of any others. Even an indoor gym would suit us at the moment. Its pretty poor for a city the size of Limerick to have so few places

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mary I, Ardscoil Ris and the hall at Moylish should be available for evening bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I know when I drive from the city out to Punches Cross, that there is a banner up on the left hand side where the old Esso Station used to be, that advertises 5 a side soccer and has a contact number on it for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Cheers Lads for a few more options to look into

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Try the Catholic Institute or Cresent Comprehensive, both out dooradoyle direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

An File wrote: »
    Mary I, Ardscoil Ris and the hall at Moylish should be available for evening bookings.

I didn't know Ardscoil allowed non students to use the sports hall.

EDIT: I know for a fact there is indoor soccer out in Croom somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Villiers perhaps?

I remember training there with Caherdavin many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

theres a place accross from the corbally pitch in parteen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

0325422 wrote: »

That place is amazing, but I'm pretty sure it costs a small fortune to book it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

An File wrote: »
    That place is amazing, but I'm pretty sure it costs a small fortune to book it.

Heard it's class, never seen it, how do I find it?

Heard it's class, never seen it, how do I find it?

If you drive out via Parteen towards Corbally/Westbury, take the right-hand turn at the Maxol petrol station. About 600 metres down the road on the left-hand side you'll see a sign for the facility between two houses. You should be able to see the floodlights if you're out there at night, it's quite near the Corbally United ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Drove by Punches cross again today, the banner for six a side is on the railing of the old Texaco station which is on the right hand side as you drive out of the city. I had originally thought it was on the other side of the road

I could not jot down the number as the traffic was moving, but the banner must be six foot long and is hard to miss if the OP drives by or knows someone in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

0325422 wrote: »
    Corbally themselves have a floodlit all-weather pitch which can be rented out

Advertisement