Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're a ride!

Options
  • 23-01-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Compliments. I dont take them well at all.

What I mean is if someone compliments me on something (e.g. "f00k you look good enough to eat today" or "I wish I was as talented/funny/hung as you") I tend to put myself down rather than saying "why yes, I am. And you are very observant today".

Do you take compliments well? Do you get compliments? Do you give compliments?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Josie_dub

I find a simple thank you does the job, although when its other girls complimenting you never know if its just a trick to see how conceited you are, can't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I tend to ball up if ya know what I mean... Its strange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I dont take them well at all. I usually just change the subject. I'm well able to give them but cant take them for some reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I usually concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Sabotage wrote: »

What I mean is if someone compliments me on something (e.g. "f00k you look good enough to eat today" or "I wish I was as talented/funny/hung as you") I tend to put myself down rather than saying "why yes, I am. And you are very observant today".

I don't get them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You're a ride

Thanks. I'm not kissing you again though

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

I just get embarrassed if anyone compliments me about anything and go all sheepish and that, not sure why though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I always get compliments because I am great. I'm in the process of ordering a crown so I can wear it around so everyone knows how great I am.

If I was a sweet I would be Ferrero Roché as everybody loves Ferrero Roché because its the best chocolate in the world and I am the best guy in the world.
    Johnny Depp rings me regularly and asks me for fashion tips.
    Jimmy Hendrix visited me from beyond the grave and told me I was 10 times the guitar player he is.
    I am faster than Superman.
    I am stronger than the Hulk.
    I have a bigger penis than Ron Jeremy.
    I am smarter than Steven Hawkins.
    I am more awesome than Chuck Norris.
    I can say CandleJack without being kidnapped.

To answer your question, yes I am very modest.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

I get very uncomfortable when complimented on something...I've started to say thanks and hide the discomfort though because people thought I was just being rude when they complimented me, which wasn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Why I get complimented all the time on my stunning good looks, witty sense of humour and my ability to always be modest.

You get used to it after a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Kiera wrote: »
    I dont take them well at all. I usually just change the subject. I'm well able to give them but cant take them for some reason.

I used to be bad at accepting them, but now I just say ''Thank You'', even if I know they're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Josie_dub wrote: »
    I find a simple thank you does the job, although when its other girls complimenting you never know if its just a trick to see how conceited you are, can't win!
    Zangetsu wrote: »
    I tend to ball up if ya know what I mean... Its strange...
    I usually concur.

You're all fúcking lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

+1
    know exactly what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Collie D wrote: »
    I don't get them
    You're a ride, Collie D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

No, no and no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I don't get them

You see? He left me out, f*cker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i normally just tell the other person to shut up and fook off. Then ask em what their looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I love compliments, maybe thats why my user name is vain:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I used to think they were lying, for example if someone was to say "Nice t-shirt", I'd be thinking or I'd say "What's wrong with it?".

I'm since coming around to the fact that there's no point thinking liking that and am thus learning to accept them whenever they come my way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Strange isint it. Some one compliments you and you find it difficult to reply.

Yet if someone were to say "i wouldint ride ya into battle" you couldint catch your breath fast enough to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Vain wrote: »
    I love compliments, maybe thats why my user name is vain:P

I bet you think this thread is about you? Don't you? Don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

K-Jet wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm not kissing you again though

I'll take what I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You see? He left me out, f*cker

You're the best one of all.

Wanna be famous...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'll take what I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

I seem to remember you not being too impressed when I kissed you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

I always get compliments because I am great. I'm in the process of ordering a crown so I can wear it around so everyone knows how great I am.

If I was a sweet I would be Ferrero Roché as everybody loves Ferrero Roché because its the best chocolate in the world and I am the best guy in the world.
    Johnny Depp rings me regularly and asks me for fashion tips.
    Jimmy Hendrix visited me from beyond the grave and told me I was 10 times the guitar player he is.
    I am faster than Superman.
    I am stronger than the Hulk.
    I have a bigger penis than Ron Jeremy.
    I am smarter than Steven Hawkins.
    I am more awesome than Chuck Norris.
    I can say CandleJack without being kidnapped.

To answer your question, yes I am very modest.

Sorry. But thats impossoble!

I bet you think this thread is about you? Don't you? Don't you?

Indeed i do:pac:

You're the best one of all.

Trying to come first in this years most popular poster i see:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Does, "You're a useless waster who does nothing around the house.", count as a compliment?

If so, I don't take them well, either.

/shrugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Aye. i'm the same. i never really copped how bad i was until someone pointed it out to me. i say thanks but i get embarrassed. i wore a nice jumper into work the other day and a girl in here kept going on about it but i everythime she started saying it was gorgeous and i looked well i kept trying to change the subject. i don't like it at all. but at the same time, in other situations, i dont mind attention at all. infact i'm a bit of an attention lover:o, but for some reason compliments just embarrass me. :o:o

Advertisement