Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're a ride!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If i said that you would swoon.

Mirror: I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

If i said that you would swoon.

Mirror: I know.

I'm not who you think I am. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Come off it Avril.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I take compliments very well. Why? Well, because it's part of the reward for having your skill/quality/beauty at all. What's the point of being skilled or whatever if people never tell you? Accepting compliments shouldn't be a challenge. It's a treat, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

i don't for some odd reason, i notice the people around me don't either, it's a cavan thing. i notice people from around here go, "ah no..... i wouldn't say that now." or something to that affect whenever complimented. very rearly see them go "yeah, thanks!" or something, unless they were messing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

I totally ****ing kick ass at being Modest. Wooh me. YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

If a man is giving the compliment , level of compliment is relative to amount of alcohol consumed..if sober probably mean what they say even if driven by ulterior motives.. if 12 pints or more probably barely aware of my gender let alone any specific attributes:)
    If a woman compliments on an item of clothing set timer to see how long it takes before asking to borrow said article:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Sabotage wrote: »

Do you take compliments well? Do you get compliments? Do you give compliments?

i give a lot- but i cant take them- when some one compliments me i always say "ya right ya nut" or "Ha i wish"

Example if someone says "Youve lost weight" id say "Ya off my baby toe"(even if i had lost a good bit of weight)

Donno im just odd:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I always get compliments because I am great. I'm in the process of ordering a crown so I can wear it around so everyone knows how great I am.

If I was a sweet I would be Ferrero Roché as everybody loves Ferrero Roché because its the best chocolate in the world and I am the best guy in the world.
    Johnny Depp rings me regularly and asks me for fashion tips.
    Jimmy Hendrix visited me from beyond the grave and told me I was 10 times the guitar player he is.
    I am faster than Superman.
    I am stronger than the Hulk.
    I have a bigger penis than Ron Jeremy.
    I am smarter than Steven Hawkins.
    I am more awesome than Chuck Norris.
    I can say CandleJack without being kidnapped.

To answer your question, yes I am very modest.

But what about the OP's original query- "how well are you at taking compliments?":

Can we presume you're an expert at compliment-taking as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

If some a$$hole compliments you, just give as good as you get and throw a few of your nicest compliments right back at the pr1ck until they stop.
    They'll think twice about doing it again.

Pleasant fcuking a$$holes, ruining my comfortable self-loathing .. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Kiera wrote: »
    I think it because the Irish are messers and very sarcastic so you dont know if the person giving you the complement is messing or serious.

No no, it's because the Irish love their potatoes;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I love being complimented, but if only if I deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

No no, it's because the Irish love their potatoes;)

I love potatoes...but when I tell my potatoes how nice they're looking they just tell me to fùck off....so I eat them...bàstards.

Still love them though. :)

Advertisement