Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG BAR 10

Options
  • 23-01-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    was hoping to get some airsoft guns soon and was looking at the JG BAR 10 G SPEC. I just saw DOC say that the accuracy and distance were the same as his AEG's. Just wondering what other people thought of this rifle or if I could upgrade the spring to make a big difference without going over the legal limits?? also what range can I expect to get out of the box?
    cheers, Dan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

The range can be a little better, if you stick in a firefly soft hop up rubber itll increase the range significantly. If you wanna go kinda nuts on it you could go down the lines of a tight bore but itll cost you about 100 quid personally if I were gonna do that I'd get the VSR or a new outter barrel something made of aluminum to make it along quieter.

In terms of spring they usualy come out just on the joule

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

cheers. Any idea what range it would be reaching out of the box???

Sorry no I stuck a new hop rubber and most the parts off my old VSR into it the day I got.Tbh you'd probably prefer an AEG in the long run since your just starting out sniping no fun unless you really know what your doing its nothing like shooter or enemy at the gates like poeple would like it to be. Your best bet would probably be to buy yourself a m14 and stick a scope on the top

Ah yeah I know it's nothing like most films alright. mostly about stealth. I'm planning on getting the JG BAR 10, an MP5, a M1911 gbb or a USP compact. might then get an JG Steyr AUG A1 (Military).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Airsoft Gangsta

I was thinking about getting the well L96 but would I be mad not to get the bar 10 ,please answer.

• Advertisement

Its personal preferance I'd say go have a look a both. I prefer the bar because the body isnt an akward bastard and its relatively lite unlike the l96 which is too heavy and an awkward bastard of a gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Airsoft Gangsta

I don't really care about size I'm mostly about range and accuracy I also was wondering if there was many shops that carrried BAR 10 mags.

I think Eirsoft have mags in the shop. not sure if they have them on the site though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Airsoftcrazy

I don't really care about size I'm mostly about range and accuracy I also was wondering if there was many shops that carrried BAR 10 mags.
    you should definitley get the bar 10 as for places that sell mags for it i dont know sorry man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I think me and cheeky bought all the mags last time i was there:D

they'd probly get more in. I'de recommend the tm vsr but the bar is good if your on a budget. If your starting get an aeg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Airsoftcrazy

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    I think me and cheeky bought all the mags last time i was there:D

they'd probly get more in. I'de recommend the tm vsr but the bar is good if your on a budget. If your starting get an aeg.
    true i,m just starting out but have played for a month and am getting hopefully am m4a1 carbine from eirsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

I own both a BAR-10 and a L96.. I would recommend the BAR-10 more to be honest, its lighter, easier to carry and get set etc. People always told me the L96 was heavy but it is ridiculous lol. Also i personally think the BAR-10 has better accuracy/range and stability in general

One pro on the L96 is the nice thumb grip, i like that. But i think the BAR-10 is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

whats the scope like on bar 10 im thinking of getting my friend has it and i love it but he bought without scope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

whats the scope like on bar 10 im thinking of getting my friend has it and i love it but he bought without scope

The one i got with mine is okay, does the job, has illumination. But if your getting it separate go for a tasco 3-9*40 if you can.

Advertisement