Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intro to german lang 10010

Options
  • 23-01-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

well guys

i did german for my junior cert. I'm just wondering if i'll be able to do this module without anyone finding out. I know that you have to have no prior knowledge. Will i get away with it ??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

If you play your cards right, you can probably get through university without learning anything! And won't the joke be on them on the day you get awarded your crisp and ever-so-significant parchment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Yes you will get away with it. The warning is clearly meant as a warning that it would be too simple for anyone with any prior knowledge. If you are willing to bore yourself to death for the sake of getting the grade then go for it. Do you think someone is going to check your JC records? Purleaze.

On another note stop wasting your time in University skimming courses. You'll regret it in the future. I mean **** you could try learning German! Wouldn't that be...useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ant043 wrote: »
    well guys

i did german for my junior cert. I'm just wondering if i'll be able to do this module without anyone finding out. I know that you have to have no prior knowledge. Will i get away with it ??

Thanks

I did intro to Russian and a latvian person in the class was told to unenrol as she had done the language in primary school. If they find out you did jc german you will get an big fat 0 and probably some sort of discipline brought against you. At the beginning of the module you will sign a form declaring you have little or no ability in the language and havent previously studied it.

Just do another beginners module, theyre not too difficult and you may actually learn something. Although learning something new may not be up your street since youre considering doing a module just to bump up the gpa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

yeah i think you are right guys. I'll probably do russian instead. Will it be much of a disadvantage missing the first week ? Thanks for the help

yeah i think you are right guys. I'll probably do russian instead. Will it be much of a disadvantage missing the first week ? Thanks for the help

No it should be ok. In my first week we just went over a bit of cyrillic and pronunciation but the teacher (Zarema Sarakaeva) i had was very good and it is very interesting

• Advertisement

is it tough to learn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

is it tough to learn ?

It helps if you are intelligent and not lazy.

is it tough to learn ?

No not really, its easy either but you learn very very basic stuff like: Name, Family, Hobbies etc. theres a tape test which i found a bit tough but the oral exam and final exam were very easy

thanks for all the help. Just registered there now.

graduate wrote: »
    It helps if you are intelligent and not lazy.
    Whats your problem ? I've noticed that lately the amount of smart comments some people are making. If you have nothing nice or constructive to say then don't comment. Thanks again for all the help delta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement