Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 11 v Premier League 11

• 23-01-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done before...

Who would be in the 11's for both League's and who do you think would win in a match?

La Liga
    Casillas
    Alves
    Rodriguez
    Godin
    Capdevilla
    Keita

Xavi
    Iniesta
    Messi
    Etoo
    Robben

Premier League
    Reina
    Sagna
    Vidic
    Carvalho
    Evra
    Ronaldo
    Essien
    Fabregas
    J.Cole
    Torres
    Rooney

Both quality teams, the EPL one is much better at the back, LL in midfield. I'd say the EPL one would win it though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Dont know about Reina in goals! He always seems good for a dropped ball or another mess up to me. I wonder what Given would be like with a decent back 4 in front of him. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Was a toss up between him and Given :p I definetly think Reina is the best from the top 4 though. Cech hasn't been the same since his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

La liga

Casillas

Alves
    Puyol
    Marchena
    Capdevila

Senna

Iniesta
    Xavi

Messi
    Villa

Eto'o

Premiership

Cech

Rafael
    Carvalho
    Vidic
    Evra

Essien

Fabregas
    Gerrard

Ronaldo
    Agbonlahor

Torres

I reckon the premiership team beats the la liga team for pace upfront. Both midfields are solid. Both teams lack in the full-back position as I rate Rafa good going forward as is Alves but I think both lack in defense somewhat and better defensive players are available but I went for these two because of their attacking nature. The premiership side has the stronger CB pairing. Goalkeepers are both evenly matched in my opinion. I would give victory to the la liga side as they have the more devastating attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Rafael at right back? Is that a piss take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

With Agbanlahour on the left wing instead of Young. Perhaps :)

• Advertisement

I clearly wrote why I chose him can you not read brother ?

PHB wrote: »
    With Agbanlahour on the left wing instead of Young. Perhaps :)

I put Agbonlahor on the left because he can chop and change with Ronaldo who frequently changes position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

......Casillas.....

Alves....Puyol....Marchena....Heinze

Messi.....Xavi....Senna....Robben

David Villa....Eto'o

Subs..Valdes...David Silva...Diego Capel...Kanoute...Navas...Yaya Toure...Maxi Rodriguez

VS

......Given......

Agger....Vidic....Laursen....Sagna

Ronaldo....Gerrard....Essien....A Young

Torres....Drogba

Subs...Van Der Saar...Evra...Rooney...J Cole...S Ireland...Fabregas...Terry

I think the La Liga side would win that particular game. I have even left Iniesta out of the squad. Hard to find a place for everyone, hence leaving the likes of Tevez out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Reina --- Seriously ? Bias perhaps ?
    I'd easily go Cech
    Rafael ??

What bout Lampard/Alonso ?

redout wrote: »

Yes I read what you wrote. You still included an 18 year old with 9 premier league games to his name in a Premiership XI. Do you not think that's odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Has to be - sure he's out for the next 3 weeks.
    gimmick wrote:
    Agger....Vidic....Laursen....Sagna
    Is that Agger at right back and Sagna at left back?
    redout wrote:
    I put Agbonlahor on the left because he can chop and change with Ronaldo who frequently changes position.
    Ashley Young can easily switch to the right or centrally too so if that's the only reason for choosing Agbonlahor, I'd revise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

redout wrote: »
    I think he means Rafael being picked at right back over all the other players that are miles ahead of him.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Reina --- Seriously ? Bias perhaps ?
    I'd easily go Cech
    Rafael ??

What bout Lampard/Alonso ?

Hardly bias if I'm at Utd fan :lol:

I'd probably but Reina in goals, either him or Given. Either way neither of them are anywhere near Casillas.

Yes I read what you wrote. You still included an 18 year old with 9 premier league games to his name in a Premiership XI. Do you not think that's odd?

No I dont. I explained myself already in the original post and if you peruse the United thread there are quite a few there who regard him as our new first choice RB. I quite clearly stated that there are better defensive choices so I dont know why you are making an argument out of this in fairness. Bored perhaps ? Thats about all I am going to say on the matter to yourself.

Right, sorry. I wasn't aware an 18 year old with an entire 9 games (not even starts) in the Premiership could be considered the best in the league (attacking or otherwise).

My mistake, won't happen again.

yahoo_moe wrote: »

Ashley Young can easily switch to the right or centrally too so if that's the only reason for choosing Agbonlahor, I'd revise it.

Well when you decide to post your team then you are free to that. I made my choice already and am satisfied with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

FFS :rolleyes: . 11 great players does not necessarilly make a great team. Perhaps, just perhaps, redout think thats Rafael fits best into his team?

Advertisement