Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy White/Alex Higgins Snooker/Poker - Waterford Tues 10th Feb

• 23-01-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

Hurricane and WhirlWind Tour

higgins_white385x18_176029a.jpg

Thirty four years ago Alex Higgins introduced a young man to the world of snooker . Jimmy White was 13 years of age at the time , and as the saying goes the rest is history .

These two icons of snooker have without a doubt had more impact on the game than any other players in the Modern game. Now life long friends are to bring there Skills to the Felt in Waterford.

We are Bigslick Events in Conjunction with the Waterford Snooker Club and Brucebetting.com are delighted to bring these two icons of the Snooker world to Waterford for this Exhibition.

We have arranged a Poker Game after the event and this will be a €50 Freezeout with both Players participating in the game . This is a first come first served event and we are restricted to 50 seats at the venue for the Poker Tournament.

The night will provide everyone with a rare opportunity to see these true legends in the unique setting of the Tower Hotel , Waterford.

Tickets are priced at :
    €25 Exhibtion Price for snooker
    €50 VIP Seating for the snooker

Tickets for the Snooker and Poker can be purchased at the Following
    Blazin Aces ,Waterford
    Waterford Snooker Club , Tramore
    The Tower Hotel ,Waterford

Contact Neill Kelly for more Information on this event - 00353 87 28 28 744

my.php?image=bigslickeventframe10ai2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

That will be a GREAT exhibition. I have done exhibitions with Jimmy and Alex in my time. This will be a classic in Waterford. This could be the last time we see Jimmy and Alex playing, I still look at that 1982 world S'Fianl on DVD, the good old days of snooker.....

Michael
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/irishsnooker/ (My pics from the Masters)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

yea, lookin forward to this...seen jimmy and ronnie recently up in monaghan...jimmy was very good, interacted with the crowd and seemed to be enjoyin himself wheras ronnie seemed to treat it like just another match...took it way too serious..I know hes a perfectionist but ITS AN EXIBITION FFS :mad: ...Anyway jimmy and alex shud be good craic :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

yea, lookin forward to this...seen jimmy and ronnie recently up in monaghan...jimmy was very good, interacted with the crowd and seemed to be enjoyin himself wheras ronnie seemed to treat it like just another match...took it way too serious..I know hes a perfectionist but ITS AN EXIBITION FFS :mad: ...Anyway jimmy and alex shud be good craic :D

Rocket And Whirlwind Trade Maximums

Ronnie O'Sullivan and Jimmy White made 147s in consecutive frames during an exhibition in Ireland.

World Champion O'Sullivan and former UK and Masters winner White were playing in front of 600 people when the rare feat occured.

O'Sullivan had his maximum first, then White repeated the trick in the very next frame.

"The crowd were screaming ‘Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie’ and I was as well. Then they were screaming ‘Whirlwind, Whirlwind, Whirlwind’." White told the Sun.

O'Sullivan has made a record nine official 147s, including three at the World Championship. White's only official maximum came at the Crucible in 1992.

Peter Ebdon made 147s in two consecutive frames during an exhibition match against Steve Davis in 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭timaaaaay

Sounds good but what is the event in aid of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

timaaaaay wrote: »
    Sounds good but what is the event in aid of?
    Alex & Jimmy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Unfortunatley I could'nt make the exhibiton last Tuesday but I was ecstatic to meet Jimmy in Bruce Betting in Waterford on Tuesday afternoon..Absolute gent as per usual and I was really delighted!!!!

What a guy!!!!

Advertisement