Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First post for c+c please

• 23-01-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭

Any and all comments welcome I've a hard neck I can take it ;)

3219795125_dcf421c19e.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

sorry to say that is not working for me ...

The Ladder ? or metal thing in the foreground seems to take away alot from the image if you're trying to show the boats.

I don't like the Yellow What nots on the left either and the way they get cut off ...

Just me two cents though

edit: colours look slightly dull as well .. have you done any post processing on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

After much head scratching I worked it out:o. Thanks

forbairt wrote: »
    sorry to say that is not working for me ...

The Ladder ? or metal thing in the foreground seems to take away alot from the image if you're trying to show the boats.

I don't like the Yellow What nots on the left either and the way they get cut off ...

Just me two cents though

edit: colours look slightly dull as well .. have you done any post processing on it ?
    Thats just as it was taken no pp at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

As far as i'm concerned it's a bit "messy", there's just a bit too much going on... Maybe rather focus on 1 boat?

That first, kinda oldlooking boat looked like it could be an intersting one though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Its not bad I can see what you are going for theres a lot of repetition

The fact that you did not pp aside (you should if you are putting it up for cc)

I'm definitely getting something from it

The boats going off into the distance is good but slightly spoiled by the grey clouds behind it

if you had managed to get the metal steps on the pier and the yellow bollards on the pier the way you captured the boats you could be on a winner.

also because there is no pp the boats lack the punch they need.

Good Idea more time setting up the shot next time.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

im sorry i dont get it. its too cluttered :(

the ladder, the yellow things, how close to each other all the boats are... would have looked better if you stood infront of the ladder and stood back a bit. also, i would shot this landscape and maybe included the tops on all three boats.. but thats just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im new to this photo lark myself, but heres my 2cents

Its a very busy shot, alot going on so theres no real focal point in the shot for me. I do like how there is a fixed set of ladders to tie-ups in the picture, personally i would have played with that in the pic.. ladder yellow yellow, ladder yellow yellow, and so on. They would have been what i would have put the main focus on, look further down the dock with it then let what ever else is happening fill out the pic. the contrast of a pathway being empty to the docks being so full might look nice. However, i do like the clarity of the shot, theres nice depth too (could be better) and the colours are great imho.

fair focks!

Thanks yall
    lesson learned, must try harder...:)

Advertisement