Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2D plans converted to 3D

Options
  • 23-01-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or if CAD is better suited, but is there any recommendations out there for getting my normal 2D plans converted into 3D?

If anybody could PM me any suggestions and contact details that would be great.

Or has anybody out there gotten their own plans converted into 3D that they could recommend?

thanks
    Conor2949

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

There are loads of places out there that will draw up 3D modles from 2D but it will cost a fair bit as they are usually used for advertising. Do a google search for 3d architectural modles

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

these guys do it http://www.paradigm.ie/

i asked them before about a typical house to be done on 3D to assist a planning application and im nearly sure the price was approx 2k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i downloaded 3d home architect and spent about 2 days drawing up the house it was a bit tedious

but when i was finshed it was great to walk around it, paint walls, fits beds to get an idea of room size, etc

i also put a picture of the outside of the house up on my bebo 2 years ago (before i even started building), and the brother in law took a pic while passing it about 2 months ago and the similarties are amazing i'll post them up if you are interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭conor2949

Hi folks,

thanks for the guidance.

Mukki - I presume you are proficient in CAD to be able to draw up the house from scratch again?

I struggle to put in a linear dimension!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why exactly do you want this?

also, moved to CAD

• Advertisement
Advertisement