Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Animally - The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lol good pic. (it's not a budgie though sorry can't help meself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Earthhorse wrote: »

It's Jimmy Stewart reading a poem about his dog on the Johnny Carson show.
    Welling up here that was lovely. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

id thought you guys might like these..they're quite funny!

type simons cat into youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13dLaTIHSg&feature=channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

He's great! There's an official website and even a Simons Cat iPhone app :)

http://www.simonscat.com/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Am relatively new to using Boards but am totally mystified as to why this Off-topic Thread has been allowed approved and even stickied ???!!!

Does it not in a way defeat the purpose ??!!!

Why on earth would any-one want to talk about random things like the o.p.'s thoughts on ice-cream, coffee, paper stickies and keys in a Pet's Thread lol??!!! That's pure madness!!!

If that's the case off-topic Threads should be totally allowed in other sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If that's the case off-topic Threads should be totally allowed in other sections.

Um, off-topic threads *are* allowed in other sections?

Communities build up in some forums and like to chat with each other, hence an off topic place where they can chatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Am relatively new to using Boards but am totally mystified as to why this Off-topic Thread has been allowed approved and even stickied ???!!!

Does it not in a way defeat the purpose ??!!!

Why on earth would any-one want to talk about random things like the o.p.'s thoughts on ice-cream, coffee, paper stickies and keys in a Pet's Thread lol??!!! That's pure madness!!!

I agree totally. I can't see why this is stickied and helping take up half my screen before I get to current threads. I frequent many other forums and the vast majority do not allow off-topic discussions and those that do would never stickie them. Then to find that the off-topic subjects are so banal just took the biscuit (a bourbon before anybody asks). It all would appear more appropriate to the After Hours forum. Seems weird and a bit pointless to me. But, folks differ I suppose!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I agree totally. I can't see why this is stickied and helping take up half my screen before I get to current threads. I frequent many other forums and the vast majority do not allow off-topic discussions and those that do would never stickie them. Then to find that the off-topic subjects are so banal just took the biscuit (a bourbon before anybody asks). It all would appear more appropriate to the After Hours forum. Seems weird and a bit pointless to me. But, folks differ I suppose!

Theres something wrong if its taking up half your screen.Takes up 2 or 3 lines of the forum home page on mine.And star pants has already answered your query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Theres something wrong if its taking up half your screen.Takes up 2 or 3 lines of the forum home page on mine.And star pants has already answered your query.

If the 7 stickies only take up 2 or 3 lines on your screen then it must be one horse of a screen or have display settings at microscopic!

I said "helping take up half my screen before I get to current threads" not that that one sticky did so! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

well as it's gone rather quiet in here I thought I'd pop in and say I am currently sitting in my garden eating yummy onion bhajis that my neighbour made :D

Can't eat icecream i'm afraid as it messes up my sinuses :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Icecrem is so cliched on hot days anyway, at least you're being original with your spicy indian food. :D

Whispered wrote: »
    Icecrem is so cliched on hot days anyway, at least you're being original with your spicy indian food. :D

Yep and very nice it was too :D

So what other unusual foods do people eat on these glorious sunny days?

I love Indian in the hot weather too. (or cold weather, or rainy weather etc)

Just wanted to say goodbye and thanks to Star-Pants. :( You'll be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I love Indian in the hot weather too. (or cold weather, or rainy weather etc)

Just wanted to say goodbye and thanks to Star-Pants. :( You'll be missed.

Star-Pants is going/gone?
    Hope you'll still post sometimes star-pants, you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

mymo wrote: »
    Star-Pants is going/gone?
    Hope you'll still post sometimes star-pants, you will be missed.
    Star pants your post will be missed,:(,hope everythings works out for you and you get back here soon someday..

Driving home from work this morning, I saw a terrier in the middle of the road. S/he looked like a staff or a cross. I pulled in and the dog turned to look at me, turned tail and ran down the middle of the road. S/he nearly got hit by a jeep who completly ignored my flashing and kept speeding. Then the guards arrived. They drove down the road after it and s/he disappeared, they didn't see where s/he went.

Apparently s/he had been on the motorway and had made her way to the Naas/Kilcullen road. The poor thing was terrified. I've never seen a dog just turn and run like that before, usually they at least turn to see what you're up to. Not this one, s/he turned and ran as fast as s/he could. I went back up later with food, leads etc but couldn't find it. I can only assume she ran across the fields, or is sheltering in the school grounds (which I didn't want to go into as the gates were locked). I can't stop thinking of him/her and I'm not sure what to do. The guards said they called the warden who was not interested and I'm not sure if a rescue will come out based on a sighting when I don't know where she is now. She could be miles away.

I feel like crap. :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yep and very nice it was too :D

So what other unusual foods do people eat on these glorious sunny days?

Sunny days have gone.... back to hot coffee.. hot coffee.... hot coffee.. and a log fire..

Some storm damage here too yesterday.

Driving home from work this morning, I saw a terrier in the middle of the road. S/he looked like a staff or a cross. I pulled in and the dog turned to look at me, turned tail and ran down the middle of the road. S/he nearly got hit by a jeep who completly ignored my flashing and kept speeding. Then the guards arrived. They drove down the road after it and s/he disappeared, they didn't see where s/he went.

Apparently s/he had been on the motorway and had made her way to the Naas/Kilcullen road. The poor thing was terrified. I've never seen a dog just turn and run like that before, usually they at least turn to see what you're up to. Not this one, s/he turned and ran as fast as s/he could. I went back up later with food, leads etc but couldn't find it. I can only assume she ran across the fields, or is sheltering in the school grounds (which I didn't want to go into as the gates were locked). I can't stop thinking of him/her and I'm not sure what to do. The guards said they called the warden who was not interested and I'm not sure if a rescue will come out based on a sighting when I don't know where she is now. She could be miles away.

I feel like crap. :(:(:(

You did what you could, a lot wouldn't even stop and try.
    Maybe post and ask anyone in the area to keep a look out?
    Hope the poor little dog is ok.

• Advertisement

Thats a good idea. Just posted it in the Kildare forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 steveoracle

I've got a Rottweiller Soft Toy called Wellingtonius, he's lovely and doesn't make a mess. I can post a photo if anyone want to see him.

Ste

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

I've got a Rottweiller Soft Toy called Wellingtonius, he's lovely and doesn't make a mess. I can post a photo if anyone want to see him.

Ste

For the sake of curiosity I think should post up a pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And I'll use the thread to congratulate Paul Cowzer, he posts here as 'Cowzerp' on a fantastic MMA win last night.

Here's Paul in the red fight shorts.

4826350593_c917ffcb02.jpg

Bloody hell he looks to be making a mess of his opponent :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

antomagoo wrote: »
    Bloody hell he looks to be making a mess of his opponent :eek:

And all because he wouldn't rescue :p

Kitten with 4 ears :eek:

AF8672FA3223EB22724993FF0B013.jpg
    Luntik, a three-month-old kitten with four ears, looks on in Russia's far eastern city of Vladivostok. There are no ear canals in Luntik's second pair of ears. The kitten lives at an automobile service station.

I need more hands!
    Every time I sit down to use the laptop I get 2 dogs and 2 cats looking for rubs.
    Now I know I have 2 hands and 2 feet, so one for each animal, but how do I type?
    Anyone any ideas?
    :p

I'm sure that's what noses are for, isn't it????
    Well in my house it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Have to bring my Tilly back to the vet this evening, this will be the forth time in 5 weeks :(

First vet I brought her to said she had a tick bite (her neck was swollen) gave her two injections and said she'd be fine. A week later it was just as bad so brought her to my usual vet (near where my mam lives). He examined her properly, her glands in her neck were swollen and her temp was up so gave her a week course of antibiotics and antinflammatory (sp?) and we were to bring her back in 10 days.

So we did and he said she wasnt much better, glands slightly reduced so tried her on another course of each and she is due back in today. fingers crossed she's ok but I know myself her neck hasnt reduced much in the last two weeks. We also noticed when we were in the waiting room that she had a growth just above her lip. Its a benign tumor, he was hoping it would get better with medication but it hasnt so she might have to get that removed as well. She is only 2 and a half and is tiny. She weights 3.5kg. My poor baby am worried about her.

Sorry about the long post :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement