Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing and matching power cords

Options
  • 23-01-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I bought a modem/router earlier and during the setup its power cord died. Thankfully, the modem it was replacing had a cord with a matching connection.

The difference between the cords is that the older one has a power brick and the newer one doesn't, although the plug part is rather thick so it might be in there. I'm concerned that it might have one inside and now it also has one on the cord so what are the chances that my house will explode the first time I fall asleep?

The router works fine now by the way, nothing unusual so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Once the voltage and amp or power are the same you shouldnt have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Once the voltage and amp or power are the same you shouldnt have any problems.

+1

Once the new one can carry the same current, for example 300 mA, supplies the same voltage eg 12V and can work of 220Vac.

In some cases the polarity of the connection will also come into play.

Advertisement