Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building a Vietnam Loadout

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

In our local pubs it's a custom for tourists to leave a badge or patch from their hometown to be stuck on the wall, as a memento or whatever. Usually it's police / fire services, and my local has quite a collection on the wall already (actually, a 7 foot by 6 foot wall space covered in them).

So I go into my local today for dinner, and guess what just happens to be staring at me from the patch wall, that I've never even noticed before?

cpx_1stCav.jpg

So now it resides proudly on the sleeve of my M65 :D My lucky day I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

saw gandalf out in hrta today sporting what seemed to be an aircav badge.

I'm trying to keep it basic and unique. Everyone usually goes for special forces, and everyone goes aircav, might leave myself patchless for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep it was an Aircav badge.

That was most of my Vietnam loadout with the exception of the M56 webbing and M1 Helmet (with Mitchel leaf of course).

need to grab myself the helmet, knew i forgot someting.

Yeah man looked really well :)

Pics or GTFO :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

something to finish off the load out

http://macvairsoft.com/newsblog/?p=117

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you might need a radio to go with that :)http://macvairsoft.com/newsblog/?p=77

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

thought you might like this doc., :D

The place is full of real deal gear from back in the day. this particular uniform even has bullet holes in it., lol

3250118916_d7c2eaa047.jpg

click for bigger version., the nit pickers among us will notice hes carrying the wrong rounds for the weapon.,:D
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/3250118916_7093bdf043_o.jpg

No prizes for guessing what this is.,:).,
    3249300961_55c5396d6a.jpg

you dirty little smuggler :O

Tell me you robbed his od uniform for me, and there is now a naked manigan in the place

And are you sunburnt? lucky bastard, its snowing here, took me over 3 hours to get home from here last night...you bastard...

haha., yep, im toasted., its over 30 degrees here every day.,

Im getting brought to some sort of surplus store tomorrow to see what i can get my hands on. The museum is very good, every different gun used in the war is there from the M16's, XM177's, M60's to BAR's, FN Fals, pump action CAW launchers and the lot.,:)
    My internet connection is a bit slow at the moment so i cant upload pics right now.

Edit, check this thing out,
    If only i could get that in airsoft.....
    3250154594_e5055964e1.jpg

• Advertisement

man , i love military surplus shops, pity there aint any good ones in dublin.

man , i love military surplus shops, pity there aint any good ones in dublin Ireland.

FYP ;)

man , i love military surplus shops, pity there aint any good ones in dublin.

Man, you simply have to visit Vietnam....
    I spent ages in this huge indoor market place earlier where the majority of the stalls all sell military gear. theres anything you can imagine in there and the prices are fantastic. Although if you look any nationality other than Vietnamese they'll tell you its 4 times the real price. I didnt get any pics of the place but its a military enthusiasts wet dream! I did a little video of the inside of the place for ya though though., :D

I got the original OD uniform, original helmet (with pen drawings and everything on it), webbing yoke, belt etc and some reproduction VN boots, and tiger stripe BDU, a couple of 50cal rounds. all for what sounded like a fortune in VND but converted to Euro, it cost fcuk all., :D
    3253149380_769920944b.jpg

There was tons of stuff like the old leather 1911 holsters and all, i forgot to grab one of them and some more ammo pouches but i might get a chance to head back down there.,

Masada wrote: »
    Man, you simply have to visit Vietnam....
    I spent ages in this huge indoor market place earlier where the majority of the stalls all sell military gear. theres anything you can imagine in there and the prices are fantastic. Although if you look any nationality other than Vietnamese they'll tell you its 4 times the real price. I didnt get any pics of the place but its a military enthusiasts wet dream! I did a little video of the inside of the place for ya though though., :D

I got the original OD uniform, original helmet (with pen drawings and everything on it), webbing yoke, belt etc and some reproduction VN boots, and tiger stripe BDU, a couple of 50cal rounds. all for what sounded like a fortune in VND but converted to Euro, it cost fcuk all., :D
    3253149380_769920944b.jpg

There was tons of stuff like the old leather 1911 holsters and all, i forgot to grab one of them and some more ammo pouches but i might get a chance to head back down there.,

Your a ****ing prik tease you know that.

Excluding the gun, my accumulation of kit has cost me 200 euro.

If you can grab me a helmet ill fix you up, original XL OD uniform would rock too can even ship it back to me ill paypal you like a hurricane.

Actually, if theres some nice ****, you can send it back here through post, ill pay you through paypal.

Now stop teasing me you dirt bag :'(

miss you loads xxx

haha., i'll see if i can pick ya up a lid, id imagine it'll cost a few quid to post it home though, and all my space is used up, the missus allocated the space, 90% her, 10% me :D so i've no room to take anything bulky and we havent even done the HK shopping yet. I'm staying within spitting distance of WGC, UNcompany and Dentrinity so they'll defeninately be getting a visit to get my parts for a new M16 shortie project.

so thats my tropic thunder loadout sorted, all i need is a huey now....

haha., i'll see if i can pick ya up a lid, id imagine it'll cost a few quid to post it home though, and all my space is used up, the missus allocated the space, 90% her, 10% me :D so i've no room to take anything bulky and we havent even done the HK shopping yet. I'm staying within spitting distance of WGC, UNcompany and Dentrinity so they'll defeninately be getting a visit to get my parts for a new M16 shortie project.

so thats my tropic thunder loadout sorted, all i need is a huey now....

Why must you rob my loadout idea...and made it like 100 times better, sigh :(

New BO Hawks loadout maybe :P

Dont worry bout it, im onto a guy who says he can sort me out with a helmet..and my 1965 marlboro red ciggy carton is on route lols :)

HAHA., sorry pal, theres another one i beat ya to., i bought a pack of malborough's earlier, and their the ones with te vietnamese writing and all., :D
    their gonna take pride of place in the band of my lid.,:)

HAHA., sorry pal, theres another one i beat ya to., i bought a pack of malborough's earlier, and their the ones with te vietnamese writing and all., :D
    their gonna take pride of place in the band of my lid.,:)

you dirty smuggler.

Wel ive been actually smoking marlboro red the last week to REALLY get into the thing, start smoking or gtfo :P

Did ya get a webbing yoke yet doc? i got one for ya from one of the people in the military market as a sweetener.

Just reading back now i see you are planning on using them belts we have in the shop. that'd look sh*t in my opinion. theres a big plastic snap buckle on the front of it instead of the hook and loop type like the real one and its just too modern. I could have got ya that belt and all, there really cheap.,

i got a bargain on a real deal ballistics vest earlier too, and also a winter field coat and shirt, mitchell helmet cover. a load of small arms pouches, butt back, entrenching tool, back pack etc etc. the only thing i cant find is the original ammo pouch that took 3 mags. i can get the one with the plastic fastener but id rather the older one. Id love a good m16 bayonet but the ones there were all in poor condition.,

gandalf, there was an original grenadiers vest there going cheap, I was gonna grab it for ya and would have went great with the whole CAW thing you have going. it was a pretty snug fit though and they didnt have any other sizes.,

3257632400_d1a12c2279_b.jpg

i might do up a VC loadout too, their stuff is even cheaper to get and theres no shortage of the stuff., :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I think we just found the new hawks OD loadout.

Yeah richie its one of the belts from the shop, but i found 3 that have the original lopping thing, not the buckel, so its grand.

Thanks a million for picking me up the webbing man greatly appreciated. I already ordered some but it will be sound to have two sets.

All my webbing and pouches came this morning.

But cheers man, appreciated.

I think we are all definitely onto something :D

Just thinking about something regarding the Vietnam loadout / look:

Eye protection!

Now obviously if we are going for the authentic US / VC look, we cant be wearing big ESS / modern goggles really, can we? So what in your opinions would be the best eyewear to stay true to the look? I was thinking shooting glasses that are all transparent, even the frames, or at a push ones with solid colour frames; but certainly not goggles. Any opinions or thoughts on the matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Now obviously if we are going for the authentic US / VC look, we cant be wearing big ESS / modern goggles really, can we? So what in your opinions would be the best eyewear to stay true to the look? I was thinking shooting glasses that are all transparent, even the frames, or at a push ones with solid colour frames; but certainly not goggles. Any opinions or thoughts on the matter?

protection should not be compromised just for the look when it comes to eye protection, some people are only comfortable with full seal and some site obly allow a certain level of protection, ilve seen ww2/Vietnam airsofts using all types of eye protection so wear what your happy with

Obviously safety is paramount, I was just thinking it through.... the vast majority of VN airsoft I've seen has been with extremely 'discreet' all-transparent safety glasses. Under the helmet you'd barely notice them; I thought it added greatly to the look.

Then again, what does it matter how authentic your loadout looks if you're blinded by a stray BB and can't see it... :o

you could use one of them american M9 gas masks. i haven't shot mine yet but it seems strong enough to take it. I wouldnt advise using it without a good level of testing though.

• Advertisement

you'll like this doc., we were talkin about where to get the M16VN type receiver a few weeks back.,
    heres a nice cheap option and its pretty close,
    also, for 100quid for the whole rifle ya cant go wrong.,:)
    jg-FB6601-01.JPG
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1367&osCsid=907c489cc090824878b671bf2871c805

This is what i'm hoping to make with it.,
    3262818038_3186240be7.jpg

Tony might be able to get them from a supplier, if your getting one, order me one aswell., :D

for **** sake im not talking to you anymore.

You just took my VN idea...and made it better times ten.

All my pouches and **** arrived. Slapped it onto the belt and i think it looks really well, dex can second my opinion he had a goo. But I think its the biz, just waiting on the harness i ordered ( and your one :P)

I'm putting an order in this week me thinks with Tony

Tm M16VN
    G&P Front end
    G&P Metal body.

I'm hanging around you too much, ive dropped like 500 euro on this whole loadout without batting an eye lid haha :D

And xm177 is also on the cards i have to say.

But I'm throwing in an order for the G&P m16vn body, like i said, so its fully metal and traded. I dont know if you want it , so get in touch with us, wont order it till you give the ok haha, dont want you coming back going mad at me over it :)

Also seemingly the G&P body can only take a G&p front end...a nice gimick to force me to drop 300 euro on the bloody metal parts.

Man old school gucci is in full swing...

Just coming through the airport now on the way home and the bastids are after taking all me spent 7.62's and 40mm grenades., :(

still have my flak jacket and all the other gear though., :D

Just coming through the airport now on the way home and the bastids are after taking all me spent 7.62's and 40mm grenades., :(

still have my flak jacket and all the other gear though., :D

That is just ****ing lol tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Obviously safety is paramount, I was just thinking it through.... the vast majority of VN airsoft I've seen has been with extremely 'discreet' all-transparent safety glasses. Under the helmet you'd barely notice them; I thought it added greatly to the look.

Then again, what does it matter how authentic your loadout looks if you're blinded by a stray BB and can't see it... :o

Jose, i might have good news. i checked around a bit and it appears googles were used from the late 60's onwards. THe good news is they actually look like fairly modern goggles. Apparently they were rolled out to the LRRP groups first and then went more general availability after that....

if you check a well known auction site id number 120374584777 and here

and here about 3/4 ways down
    http://david.brubakers.us/Vietnam/index.html

Goggles.jpg

• Advertisement

great site there falls.,:)

Advertisement