Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yawn - Its an FA Cup weekend

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ntlbell wrote: »
    why are you having a pop at harry? on rte this morning he said he would play the strongest team possibly but will probably weak due to injuries?

sounds fair enough

Must be backtracking from his previous quotes -

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090123/sport/redknapp-to-send-weakened-team-to-united-in-fa-cup
    "We've got some tough games, we have a game at Man. United that really is so secondary to me now," Redknapp told Sky Sports after a torrid night at Burnley on Wednesday.

"If Alex (Ferguson) is listening, I'm really going to send a real mish-mash team up there. I hope it doesn't upset the fans, but we played extra-time and we're out on our feet a little bit," added Redknapp.

No mention of injuries there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

really dont want Villa to have to play a now looking likely Fa Cup replay... although i wonder when it would be ? (doubt wed be lucky enough to play it as another one of Ashley Youngs suspended days

:eek: Doncaster so close to nicking it with a stunning free kick that came off the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

really dont want Villa to have to play a now looking likely Fa Cup replay... although i wonder when it would be ? (doubt wed be lucky enough to play it as another one of Ashley Youngs suspended days

yeah i was thinking that too but we've got portsmouth on tuesday then i assume another prem game at the weekend so i doubt it!

Samurai wrote: »
    yeah i was thinking that too but we've got portsmouth on tuesday then i assume another prem game at the weekend so i doubt it!

yeah think no matter what he misses Pompey and Wigan (coulda been worse games for him to get his rest in tbh)

Feb 4th for the replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We're into the fifth round of the cup.

When's the draw?

Pompey dumped out and Fulham very, very lucky against Kettering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Must be backtracking from his previous quotes -

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090123/sport/redknapp-to-send-weakened-team-to-united-in-fa-cup

No mention of injuries there.

yup it was in response to a question on what he had said previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs team to play United:

Alnwick, Gunter, Assou-Ekotto, Corluka, Dawson, Bentley, Huddlestone, Zokora, Bale, Modric, Pavlyuchenko.

SUBS - Gomes, Gilberto, Giovani, Taarabt, Defoe, Rocha, Dervite.

So he's risking Corluka, Dawson and Modric, and has an injured keeper on the bench as cover for Alnwick, along with Dervitte (sum total of 1 game), Rocha who's not played since Sept 2007, Gilberto who came off after 45mins of his last game and told redknapp he'd rather not play for us again, Gio coming back from a lyaoff, and Taarabt who has about 20mins under his belt and 10 sub appearances in the preceding season.

Realistically, defoe is the only option off the bench that might hurt United.

There's your mish mash.

Well his team selection would prove that during the week he was, as usual, talking shite. Nothing wrong with the team he's put out.

does Bent have an injury? Cos otherwise thw fact that he doesent even make the squad after a week when Harry got criticise for publicly making fun of bent could only indicate hes moving to a team that would like him non-cuptied (or did he play in the 3rd round?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

does Bent have an injury? Cos otherwise thw fact that he doesent even make the squad after a week when Harry got criticise for publicly making fun of bent could only indicate hes moving to a team that would like him non-cuptied (or did he play in the 3rd round?).

He's injured. And played first 27mins against Wigan but came off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

spurs 1 up already. pav after 5mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

when Harry got criticise for publicly making fun of bent

What did 'Arry say??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Back on-topic:
    Warper wrote: »
    ...because to be honest its boring - its nearly the same as watching a reserve match...
    Two points:
    1) So Sunday's Cardiff City - Arsenal match was boring, was it? OK, it only featured one of your big brands, but the commentators thought it was a great game too.

2) As a Cardiff fan myself, let me say that last year's FA Cup run was just fantastic for the club & supporters. For those of us that follow their hometown & not just some random foreign brand, this is the essence of the Beautiful Game. Yes, the skill level's generally higher in richer clubs, but it's about much more than that... isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Reesy wrote: »
    Back on-topic:

Two points:
    1) So Sunday's Cardiff City - Arsenal match was boring, was it? OK, it only featured one of your big brands, but the commentators thought it was a great game too.

2) As a Cardiff fan myself, let me say that last year's FA Cup run was just fantastic for the club & supporters. For those of us that follow their hometown & not just some random foreign brand, this is the essence of the Beautiful Game. Yes, the skill level's generally higher in richer clubs, but it's about much more than that... isn't it?

Yes, you are right, i enjoyed the bit i saw of the FA Cup last weekend and my comments were definitely premature, it does bring teams of the lower leagues into the spotlight and essentially without this football would die so i retract my opening statement - roll on the next round of the Cup.

Advertisement