Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaysus!

Options
  • 27-11-2004 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Are rb_ie and Chick real?

I cant tell if they are a well thought out parody of the snobby rich stoodent or not. Surely nobody could come across as they do on purpose. The rugger bugger and the vacuous blonde who one day dream of having their kids on the late late toy show (and who probably had daddy get them a spot on it when they were kids themselves).

And what are they doing in tallaght? Shouldnt they be in the city centre kicking people to death outside night clubs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Boco wrote:
    Yeah, what a thick question.
    Boco wrote:
    I cant tell if they are a well thought out parody of the snobby rich stoodent or not. Surely nobody could come across as they do on purpose. The rugger bugger and the vacuous blonde who one day dream of having their kids on the late late toy show (and who probably had daddy get them a spot on it when they were kids themselves).
    I don't see where you're going with this to be honest, just two people talking on a website, big deal like.Was this thread really worth starting?I don't think so.Oh and no, if i have kids i won't be parading them on some toy show.
    Boco wrote:
    And what are they doing in tallaght?
    Chicks in Trinners, I'm in Tallaght. I'm in Tallaght because I gave the CAO forms like,5 minutes of my time and didn't think about them again and also, I could of tried harder in the leaving but ya know,lifes too short to regret things like that.
    Boco wrote:
    Shouldnt they be in the city centre kicking people to death outside night clubs?
    That's hilarious, what happened outside Anabels was a fight that went one bit too far, an accident, it wasn't murder. When compared to men breaking into an old womans house in Tallaght and shooting her dead, its VERY tame.
    Are we real?lol, you're pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

lol im surprised i wasnt slagged in that thread i usually would be. y does chick post here if shes in triners?

same reason I post on the UCD and Trinners boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

rb_ie are you interested in computer games at all??

Play PS2 sometimes, never played anything on a PC though.How come?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

Hey, the whole Tallaght thing drew my attention... I'm an IT Tallaght Student (who isn't from Tallaght) :D

If you have a good PC that can handle games your wasting it. You'll get the best of gameplay from a game on a PC.

Horrible way to be isn't it? (going to ITT but not living there) :)

Ah, i just use the computer for emails and the such, just been sick for like, two weeks now so haven't been able to do much else than post on here.

Being in ITT is acutally ok believe it or not

What year/course are you?
    I hate the place.

I'm a 3rd year computing student

• Advertisement

Ah right...so like, ya probably know a few people on this site in real life so?

rb_ie wrote:
    Ah right...so like, ya probably know a few people on this site in real life so?

The Wolf, Big P and jaysonia are definates, a few other nicks are ringing a bell alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh come now that's such Tallaght snobbery. True, tallaght does have alot of eejits and arseholes but tallaght isn't the only place that murder happens you know. Besides judging a college on where it's situated is very peurile indeed, not to mention the fact that you dont seem to be judging the college on it's performance or quality of the courses, but on it's location. If that's not pure snobbery, then i don't know what is.

read the other threads, the place smells(literally) and has no paint..and the student union building is a porto cabin shack that like, could collapse at any minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

im in tallaght 2 years already and i have 4 more to go!!
    woohooo.
    :confused:

Can't tell if thats sarcasm or not like, but whatever, different strokes for different folks. I find the place in general too small, like, keep having to face drunken mistakes from freshers week every day..horrible reminder of what alcohol does to ya...totally NOT good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

rb_ie, the place has only *really* started to smell this year. A new bread of n00by first years no doubt. You're a first year right? Well, I'll save some time and say "you're cut"! lmao :D

now that you mention it, there is a girl in my class thats known to have let one or two out on the sly, or at least she thought it was on the sly :D , so maybe its just like, a few of them type causing the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Boco

A college being small is to your advantage.

You dont become a non person in a group of several hundred, where the quality of your degree is based on the name of the institution, rather than the quality of the teaching there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Boco wrote:
    Shouldnt they be in the city centre kicking people to death outside night clubs?
    That's not even remotely funny. My friend knew Brian Murphy you ignorant fcuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Achilles wrote:
    ...............Besides judging a college on where it's situated is very peurile indeed, not to mention the fact that you dont seem to be judging the college on it's performance or quality of the courses, but on it's location. If that's not pure snobbery, then i don't know what is.

Coudln't agree more,

Hammer -> Nail -> Head -> Bang

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tallaghts alright, theres usually no snob dicks to deal with who think philosophy is a real subject :>
    Been going since 2001, was in Blanch before that, not that makes any difference because the guys running the compsoc now don't know the "history" :>

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

I actually know Brian Folan in the compsoc in Blanch, sound bloke.

Gone off topic completely, thank god :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I actually know Brian Folan in the compsoc in Blanch, sound bloke.

Yeah I know Brian from when I was there.

Advertisement