Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashere ATMs - Remember them?

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the Cashere ATMS they used to have in First Active years ago?

Why did they switch to using Bank of Ireland and then Ulster Bank ATMs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Cashere was a link up between Irish Permanent, EBS, First Active and possibly Irish Nationwide.

If memory serves me correctly they just fell out over time to speak. I think EBS were first to go, and after that I guess there just wasn't the economy of scale to keep going when Irish Permanent and TSB decided to merge. EBS struck a deal with AIB I believe and First Active with BOI (before becoming part of RBS). When EBS left it was on dodgy ground as it was, and then with the two biggest remaining players going there wasn't anything left worth keeping.

Actually there is coverage here: https://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2001/dec/16/building-societies-rival-atm-network-scrapped/

Advertisement