Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Sports Cars

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

Does this count? :D

3167132960_ab4212d99b.jpg
    Defo,i own one and its absoloutely brilliant. Very expensive though. They are getting affordable now though and would devour a cooper s, clio 197, polo etc. Although iv just driven the 160bhp fiat 500 and its a close one!! wudnt ever buy a fiat with my own money tho...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

:eek:
    Who owns that....

I likes

I have one exactly like pic for sale if u REALLY like it????????//

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

gorfield wrote: »
    I have one exactly like pic for sale if u REALLY like it????????//

I'll swap you my Golf for it?:P

Other than that no, because i'm still recovering after getting fleeced on my insurance:(

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

Ah yes, the Panda 100bhp, have been wanting one of those in the past weeks, (i go through phases of wanting cars!) Perhaps a trip to the uk is what's called for! As there's practically zero of them in Ireland, and the ones that are here are too expensive! I could get an 06 landed in Ireland for under 6k incl vrt ect....

I bought one back in September and was told that there are only 20 or so in Ireland.

The list price here is about €17k I believe, and as they're so rare it's hard to get much of a discount (mine was €13,750 ex demo with about 2,500km on the clock).

You can get a brand new one in the Uk for around £7k I believe.

Cracking little car, especially at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

markos79 wrote: »
    my misses drives one of these, quick little car 1.6 dohc 125 bhp.fun car to drive.:D

770px-Suzuki_Swift_Sport_rear.jpg

800px-Suzuki_Swift_Sport_front.jpg

I think these yokes are the business. I must get on to the Suzuki dealer and try and bag one for a weekend.....

What about this yoke? I remember driving one ages ago and i thought it was the best fun i've had in a small car ever! (Well apart from....actually no i wont go there :p)

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1297020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

galwaytt wrote: »
    I hereby confess to buying a NEW Cinquecent Sporting. In Yellow. In 1996. Loved that car.

Haha, I wanted a yellow cinquecento when I was a kid! Everytime I see them on the road these days they look like they're going to blow over.

Nowadays, that 500 abarth would be my choice of the mini-motors. New small cars look so solid too, the comparison to the olden days is amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I'd be seriously torn between the 500 Abarth and the MiTo GTA. I love that "oh look at the cute little...oh fcuk what just happened" factor.

Looking at a 1.2 500 in the work car park the other day; HUUUUGE alloys, teeny-weeny drum brakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you're into the little Cinquencento, he's one a guy called Dangeruss did - he does some pretty amazing 3d car art on http://dangeruss.deviantart.com/gallery/

Fiat_600_Twin_Turbo_by_dangeruss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

cjt156 wrote: »
    I'd be seriously torn between the 500 Abarth and the MiTo GTA. I love that "oh look at the cute little...oh fcuk what just happened" factor.

Looking at a 1.2 500 in the work car park the other day; HUUUUGE alloys, teeny-weeny drum brakes!

The 1.4 Sport has discs all round - same engine and running gear as the Panda 100hp, albeit slightly heavier.

The Abarth is lovely but could be a pain to own. As far as I know there are only about 20 service centres in the whole of the UK - no idea how many in Ireland (if any). I'm quite taken with the Grande Punto Abarth, but the service issue puts me off slightly. That, and the fact I can in no way afford it. ;)

I think the MiTo is really ugly, personally. Looks OK in publicity shots, but horrid in more candid photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Micra ST is on my list of "cars I would like to have a go in"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭omega man

gorfield wrote: »
    Defo,i own one and its absoloutely brilliant. Very expensive though. They are getting affordable now though and would devour a cooper s, clio 197, polo etc. Although iv just driven the 160bhp fiat 500 and its a close one!! wudnt ever buy a fiat with my own money tho...........

Doubt it would 'devour' a cooper S or the clio 197, polo GTI yes but thats not fast at all really is it. I actually like the corsa (and astra) OPC but slightly too max power-ish for me to have bought one. Where does the line between a 'baby hot hatch' and a 'warm/hot hatch' begin and end? I would class the 500 abarth as a baby hot hatch easy and the Mini cooper S as a hot hatch but where does the likes of the Punto abarth, Corsa OPC etc sit?

Advertisement