Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N.T. Wright - Why Does Jesus' Resurrection Matter?

• 23-01-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Below are a couple of links to a talk given by ever eloquent N.T. Wright on the relevance of the Resurrection. He touches on a number of topics - not lease in the Q and A section - which have popped up on this forum recently. I would like to think that fellow Christians will get as big a kick out of this talk as I did.

http://www.veritas.org/media/talks/641

http://www.veritas.org/media/talks/642 (Q and A)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

thanks for the links, downloading now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I'm delighted you've found the great NTW! May God keep him healthy - that's all I can pray!

That way we'll get to enjoy volume IV, V and VI of the Christian Origins and the Question of God series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Thanks FC, that was the first time I have heard or seen Bishop N.T Wright speak, thanks again for posting it. I had read of him before and was already very interested in acquiring his 700 page plus tome which I will be ordering in the next few weeks.

He is a very good speaker and I really like his manner and approach but I thought he spoke at length around the subject but said very little really about it. I hope his book has more substance which I’m sure it has.

However as far as that speech goes I’d say that for someone not already convinced that the resurrection of Jesus actually happened as a fact of history I would imagine that he did little to change that in his speech, I could be wrong though.

I do think that some of the points he did make are very relevant but it appears that the talk was directed solely to people who are already convinced of the foundational point, the resurrection of Jesus.

For those not convinced that it actually happened as a fact of history then you could a lot worse than read Dr Gene Scott's treatment of the subject HERE and/or listen to William Lane Craig's interview on the subject HERE

Enjoy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Wow! Thanks for that, Fanny. There are some great links on that site.

I'm an old technology guy myself (I like real books of ink and paper) but I'm trying to work out how I can put those pod casts into a format I can play on long car journeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

PDN wrote: »
    Wow! Thanks for that, Fanny. There are some great links on that site.

I'm an old technology guy myself (I like real books of ink and paper) but I'm trying to work out how I can put those pod casts into a format I can play on long car journeys.

There's links on the right for mp3 and Quicktime downloads. The mp3 should work on most portable players. Or you should be able to burn them as audio onto a CD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Excelsior wrote: »
    I'm delighted you've found the great NTW! May God keep him healthy - that's all I can pray!

That way we'll get to enjoy volume IV, V and VI of the Christian Origins and the Question of God series

Yeah, they're way better than the prequel trilogy.

Sorry...

Advertisement