Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom line rental

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

can i just ask what you all think about having to pay for line rental just to get broadband????is it not a bit cheeky of them considering you dont want a phone just the broadband???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Wireless broadband is available, and is getting better speeds and coverage all the time. Also can avail of UPC broadband through your tv cable so no need to pay eircom line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More of a Broadband issue methinks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

moved from the electrical forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

that was me with eircom ,almost €75/month for 6mb
    a gynormous pain in the crack .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

can i just ask what you all think about having to pay for line rental just to get broadband????is it not a bit cheeky of them considering you dont want a phone just the broadband???

Well if we leave aside the actual price of line rental which we all agree is too high anyways, the dsl has to travel over a line which has to be maintaned, equipment in the exchange etc. So no its not cheeky its just that they charge too much for it and in fact are pushing people away because of the high charges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement