Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cinema in Carlow

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It doesn't make any sense, if i was unhappy with something from anywhere i've been i'd bring it to the attention of the management there and then.

Ok, but I didn't.
    I complained here and I won't be going back.

It's as simple as that really..Whether I complained to management or not the end result would still be the exact same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Charlie292007

SV wrote: »

Ok, but I didn't.
    I complained here and I won't be going back.

It's as simple as that really..Whether I complained to management or not the end result would still be the exact same for me.

I'm part of the management structure in there and any of the issued raised on this site we were already aware of and have been and are been rectified.

Lift---working
    Heat/Cold ---- working
    Stairs permanent ---- can't fix( they're amazing to walk up. if not use lift)
    Cleanliness ---- Routines have been in place since day 1, screens are cleaned after every show, foyer, stairs and hallways cleaned when customers aren't at risk of bein hit, by brushes, vacuums, toilets checked and cleaned every half hour, the dust in some areas takes months of cleaning.
    No water for toilets ---- low water pressure, second tank was built and put in place the next day(firemen came to fill 1st tank on that sun)
    Popcorn ---- same process used as old cinema, just on a new machine, (customers are happy that it has improved and regularly return)
    Sound in Screen 3 ---- is in the process of bein investigated
    Price --- We're cheaper and more advanced than any cinema digitally both sound and picture than any other cinema in ireland.
    Queues --- Collection and ordering of tickets can be done on site from mon every week for the fri, booking seats is not feasible sadly. purchasing tickets is best to do in advance as it saves queuing. Our on line and telephone booking works but collecting them means queuing at box office or at shop or collecting them at the machines in the entrance, i recommend buying them on site in advance, hundreds of people do!!!

On a final note our last screen, Screen 2 is due to open this fri with paranormal activity and has vip seating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

great debate guys and I'm enjoying reading it. I just want to say make sure you attack the post and not the poster.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

9 euro is a bit steep for a cinema ticket although I have been out of the country a while..i think it was 6.80sterling in leeds and about 20pounds in some parts of London.

it would be good if they hada cafe/ bar like UGC on parnell street..and prices for food are as crazy as ever..

Also that twilight film wasnt half-bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i think the cinema is great myself, just one issue I had last saturday, the dubbing was off on the film i saw, nativity. that bugs me I must say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be in Carlow for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to checking it out (teething problems should be sorted by then!)

Any word on how the poor old Cineplex is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Haven't been yet? Anyone know is the price the same all day, or cheaper before 6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

cashback wrote: »
    Haven't been yet? Anyone know is the price the same all day, or cheaper before 6pm?

Prices vary depending on film, weekday/weekend and time. Usually cheaper during off-peak times.

It's a pain that you can't see prices without going into the booking system
    http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/cinema/carlow#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

Loving the new cinema, its great dont have to go to naas anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Was there last weekend for the 1st time and gotta say me & the gf were very impressed.

I expected the worst from reading posts in this thread, but we joined the queue, got our tickets (which are cheaper than what i'm used to in Dublin btw)
    Went over got the food and drink in (which again is cheaper than Dublin prices)

Saw the movie, in comfort. Sound, screen everything was A1.

Was very impressed with the overall experience & we will be back over Xmas for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Went at 5pm yesterday to see Avatar with the misses in the new Omniplex. The cinema was clean, the price of the ticket was on par with cinema's in Dublin. The only complaint I had was that the popcorn was cold and the "large" bucket seemed not to big to me. Oh and they dont do butter on the popcorn... but only the Square Tallaght seems to do that any-more. :D

The screen we went to was screen 3, the seating was very comfy with a uninterrupted view of the screen its self. It was Avatar in 3D and was my first "real" 3D movie. Thought it was great. The sound was clear and the projection was clean. There was no rubbish and my feet didn't stick to the floors :confused:

The GF did find it cold, but then again she thought 38c in Italy was just nice. I found the heat to be spot on for sitting in the one sport for 2 and a bit hours and not feeling like I needed a sleep or a change of clothes. :D

The staff seemed nice, so no complaints there. The lift worked ok as did the stairs... shame my feet didn't and I also done a dive down the bottem flight :rolleyes:

All in all a nice experience. Sure beats driving down to Waterford (in Paulstown in kk here) Didn't try the toilets, as I didn't need to. But didn't see any out of order signs. So must have been all go.

Will be going back in the new year. That said, there was no adds or anything at the start of the show. Which would have been nice to see some other 3D movies coming up. Heard Alice in Wonderland is meant to be looking good in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Decided to give the cinema another go. Went to see Avatar in 3D, much better than I thought it was going to be.

The system has improved for buying ur tickets,they could actually take laser transactions this time unlike my last visit, plus this time they made sure we were in the correct screen.
    The only fault was that the carpets going into screen 3 could do with a good clean. Sound and Picture was good, except when people from the back left early and we had to watch their shadow go across the screen while they went down the stairs.
    Popcorn was back to its good salty flavour. Think ye might have won me back now most of the glitches are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Been there the last two nights for the first time. Although I think 9 euro is steep, I found both nights to be terrific. Seats extremly comfy, fantastic sound and nice toilets. One of the best cinemas I have been to and am delighted it is in my home county:). Just wish they sold Candy Floss. Annoyed me a little seeing everyone going up to the VIP seats when they didn't have tickets for it and nothing happening to them

Carlow Omniplex is proud to start BABYFLIX this Thursday morning 6th May at 10.30am. Babyflix allows a parent to bring their baby to watch a film along with other parents and babies.

This weeks film is 'Date Night' starring Steve Carell and Tina Fey.

Sound and Lights are adjusted to accomadate.

Matinee Prices Apply.

For booking call 0818 22 11 22 or http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/cinema/carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Carlow Omniplex is proud to start BABYFLIX this Thursday morning 6th May at 10.30am. Babyflix allows a parent to bring their baby to watch a film along with other parents and babies.

Matinee Prices Apply.

Brilliant idea. Have a new born myself and the missus will defo avail of this!!! out of interest with regards to the kids cinema times. what is age appropriate? i.e. what age is too young to go?

BABYFLIX is for either parent and baby (ranging from 0 months to 2yrs).

Admission is €7.00 for 1 parent + 1 baby

Buggies/Carry seats/Car seats etc, can be brought into screen and left down in front of the screen.

Screen 2 is where it'll be which is directly loacated beside the toilets and changing area.
    It also has VIP(€2.00 extra) seats for anyone who wants extra comfort, the VIP seats are large black leather armchair twined seats with swivel tables on both sides and cup holders in the centre arm rest at the back of the screen.

I hope you do go as it is a good opportunity for parents with babies or newborns to go to the cinema with other parents. The side lights will be left on but dimmed so it won't be too dark or bright, the sound will be set so it's not too loud if babies fall asleep or too low that you can't hear it.
    I wish Carlow had this 12yrs ago when i first became a daddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 babogbabog

? Is Babyflix a regular thing for the new cinema in Carlow?
    When is the next showing I can't wait to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Every 2nd Thursday 10am....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I think the Cinema are showing the semi finals and final of the world cup, in 3-D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I think the Cinema are showing the semi finals and final of the world cup, in 3-D.

Yeh I heared that aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Nope its just the swan cinema in rathmines afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Matinee Prices Apply.

Is this still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Please do not bump a thread that is almost 12 months old. This thread is now going to be locked.
    Regards
    Tommy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement