Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into town

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Evening all.

I am currently in the process of moving into town i've looked at a few places around dominik st and nearby what is it like at night does everyone spill out onto the streets at 2am-3am and make a load of noise or is actually not so bad?

Thanks,

Jimmii

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Lots of noise on Dominick Street alright. I think theres places going in Sancta Maria which is just off Dominick Street which is very quiet and nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yeah it's pretty noisy there. A mate of mine had an apartment there during college. We used to go back there after nights out and it used to be noisy fook outside when the pubs close. There are takeaways and taxi offices there too so the crowds tend to linger longer than elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

dont know for sure but id say the 3 am fall out from the roisin 7 days a week would be a bit much alright not to mention the chippers and taxi offices all down the west as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Ya, you really don't need to be there. I'm near Bohermore and still hear it most nights. Tis very annoying indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jimmii wrote: »
    Evening all.

I am currently in the process of moving into town i've looked at a few places around dominik st and nearby what is it like at night does everyone spill out onto the streets at 2am-3am and make a load of noise or is actually not so bad?

Thanks,

Jimmii

The council vacuum-cleans the streets slightly later than that (from around 5pm in Shop St, 6-ish when they get to Middle/Augustine streets, not sure when they do Dominic Street). This is essential, but pretty noisy too.

If you're gonna live in town, you have to put up with the noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks for the replies hopefully i'll learn to live with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Earplugs-Taperfit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I lived on dominick st for a while, the worst thing was the smell of the sea in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Yeah Dominick street is very very loud. The plus side is the 'loudness' usually involves the complete opposite of the loudness you would hear outside Supermacs in Eyre Sq. **** all badness, more like madness so that's good. Regarding accommodation, anywhere from Salthill village into town is perfect... you have a bit of peace and town is only a short walk away (15 minutes max. from Salthill village).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

the roadsweeper was the most irritating thing in the world, especially if you have to be up around eight and are trying to salvage the remaining few hours of sleep time..ear plugs, are youre best friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement