Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Group for Separated people

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,
    A very good friend of mine who is 50 has just separated from her husband of 25 years(he is having an affair with a younger woman, 'loves her to bits' and is planning a longterm future with this woman.)Is there any support group in Galway she could go to as she is devastated and while I can offer support,she says she needs the support of people in a similar situation.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

What a wanker!

I don't know of anywhere, try Personal Issues for support advice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iwish

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but thought this might help others needing support. In todays Galway Independent under Social and Personal,I noticed there will be a meeting of Association for Separated and Divorced people in The Menlo Park Hotel on Fri next 20th Feb at 7.30pm.
    Couldn't have come at a better time for my friend and others,of all ages, I have discovered in a similar situation.I didn't realise that there were so many people needing support in Galway City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bridmc

Does anyone know of a group who provide support for separated people in Dublin southside. Just a support group for people who have separated and who would understand what it is like to be alone after a long relationship etc. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Hi bridmc,

This thread/post is in a forum specific to Galway City. You would probably have better luck finding a group in South Dublin if you posted in the 'Dublin County South' forum which is located here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=893

Best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

m83 wrote: »
    What a wanker!

I don't know of anywhere, try Personal Issues for support advice though.

Such a dumb statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see bridmc followed your advice Pope.
    /thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement