Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90xr experts

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Impellor on my T90si sheared again, second one in 3 years. Think this T90 has hit the end of it's useful life. The water pipe comes through the tiles, if I get a newer model T90 does anyone know if the water inlet is in the same place? I don't really want to be drilling through the tiles if I can avoid it.
    The water and power connections are in the same place there are different fixing holes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

Have you tried the Plumbing & Heating Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

Hi All,

I hope this goes to the right people here ;-). I have a Triton T90xr shower. We have had this model for a while and it is or was faultless. The issue we are having now is that you can have the shower on a the lowest setting, that being cold and there is no cold water feeding into the shower. The heat is set to the indicator of one red wavie line and the temperature guage is turned to cold and still the water is too hot to use.

Would this be the pump is knackered or would it be best to change the shower for a newer model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Don't know if this is your issue but I find in the summer the water in the attic tank obviously gets warmer during the day. The way electric shower works is very basic, the element heats always the same the only way it changes temp is by letting more or less water through (that's what you do with the dial). If the water is already warm it might get too hot on the lowest setting. My triton has three settings; cold, medium and full heat (the "red wavie line"). In the summer I often have to change it to med heat if I don't want it too hot.
    If that doesn't solve the issue seems like a flow problem, as in not enough water coming through, could be the pump.
    Edit: re-read your post and think you already have it on med setting...

Hi,

I have the top dial turned to the single red wavie line and the bottom dial turned fully to cold and yet the water still is far too hot to stand under.

Normally even only two months ago I would have the dial moved to the first red wavie line and the bottom dial would be turn down and the temperature would be spot on.

Ill have a look at it and go from there.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you noticed the water flow lessening?

Morning All,

I went home and replace the Triton shower head, which I might add was an after market enlarged shower head. Again this was working perfectly for well over two years and not just recently. Anywho, I replaced it with a smaller shower head from the tap fed sprinkler system I have attached to the bad. It is now working perfectly across all the thermostat range. No more over heated water.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input. It is all good in the hood, once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's always worth spending the 30 odd euro on a genuine Triton or mira shower head. These are designed with the correct amount & sized holes for an electric shower. Other shower heads for example tesco 10 euro shower head can cause the shower to go hot & cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

Hey Folks,

Looking for advice on a Triton T90xr.

I think the power selector (if thats the correct name for the part) is faulty.

The Cold setting works fine, the first hot water setting works fine but when I turn the selector to the second hot water setting - the more powerful one - nothing changes.

Its been like this a while and works fine as is, I have warm water as per the first hot water setting - but its winter now and I need the higher power setting or the water is not warm enough. I also miss the higher water flow from the higher power setting.

Is this a comon fault and does anyone know if I can replace a part as opposed to the whole unit.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

It's most likely one of the 2 elements has blown. You can expect to pay 150 euro supplied and fitted. Another possibility (though not as likely) is a blown micro switch. This would be 90 to 100 Euro to have replaced. Remember you get on average 10 years out of an electric shower. If yours is around 8 years old you might consider replacing it instead of spending money repairing it

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's most likely one of the 2 elements has blown. You can expect to pay 150 euro supplied and fitted. Another possibility (though not as likely) is a blown micro switch. This would be 90 to 100 Euro to have replaced. Remember you get on average 10 years out of an electric shower. If yours is around 8 years old you might consider replacing it instead of spending money repairing it

Thanks.

Its only about 3/4 years old.

I was hoping to repair it myself if I could be certain what was gone but I guess if it could be more than one thing I better get a guy to look at it.

I would wonder if I would not be better off with a new one if its €150 +

Thanks.

Is the T150Z much better and most importantly quieter than a T90Z??

Thanks

Corcioch wrote:
    Is the T150Z much better and most importantly quieter than a T90Z??

It's much quieter. Only problem is it doesn't have a pump as its a mains fed shower. Your shower is a tank fed shower.

It's much quieter. Only problem is it doesn't have a pump as its a mains fed shower. Your shower is a tank fed shower.

Are you sure?

http://plumbfix.ie/bathroom-kitchen/showersa/triton/t150z-pumped-thermostatic-shower.html

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/triton-t150z-pumped-18614-22860

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Corcioch wrote: »

T150Z is mains fed. 100%.

EDIT: I got to thinking and as it happens I'm wrong, sort of :)

There's two T150Z models that serve both tank or mains. They are bloody expensive though. €425 for the tank fed and €350 for mains approx.

dodzy wrote: »
    T150Z is mains fed. 100%.

EDIT: I got to thinking and as it happens I'm wrong, sort of :)

There's two T150Z models that serve both tank or mains. They are bloody expensive though. €425 for the tank fed and €350 for mains approx.

Thanks. Appreciate the replies.

I can get the T150Z from a UK shop for €300.

Its something to consider.

Thanks again.

Corcioch wrote:
    I can get the T150Z from a UK shop for €300.

Check the triton Ireland website. If it's not listed there then it's not covered by any Irish warranty. Triton Ireland not only won't repair it but they won't have parts of the nor will they order them in for you. Your warranty will be with the UK stockist.
    Always be careful when buying showers in screwfix, B&Q, argus etc. They sell some showers only intended for the UK.

Check the triton Ireland website. If it's not listed there then it's not covered by any Irish warranty. Triton Ireland not only won't repair it but they won't have parts of the nor will they order them in for you. Your warranty will be with the UK stockist.
    Always be careful when buying showers in screwfix, B&Q, argus etc. They sell some showers only intended for the UK.

I understand the gamble - thanks - and I do appreciate the advice - but with such a saving I stand to make it has to be considered.

I am not hugely worried about parts etc. I am very slow to repair anything these days unless I can do it myself. I've had technicians out to repair white goods before and paid a pretty penny for it (a fair wage mind you - I'm not saying it wasn't) and then had the item break in a different way few months later.

If the repair could be 150 Id be mad seeing as I can get a new T90Z for 200 ish.

I was warning in general. As it turns out triton Ireland do supply the t150z so you will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I was warning in general. As it turns out triton Ireland do supply the t150z so you will be fine
    Yep, and readily available in decent plumbing suppliers.

• Advertisement

Just had one of these fitted and the water could only be described as lukewarm. Unfortunately I wasn't around the day the fitter was there, but I rang him and he just said its a new shower so it must be working perfectly.
    Not happy with this obviously so will have to take it further. What might the issue be? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted or might it be something more complex?

Just had one of these fitted and the water could only be described as lukewarm. Unfortunately I wasn't around the day the fitter was there, but I rang him and he just said its a new shower so it must be working perfectly. Not happy with this obviously so will have to take it further. What might the issue be? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted or might it be something more complex?

They stopped making this model in 2011 so I'm guessing you have a triton t90z or the new Triton t90sr.

It is possible that the shower isn't fitted correctly. The dial on the cover might not be lining up correctly with the valve behind it. It's possible that you have the power selector on 1 element instead of 2 element.
    If the shower is faulty then it's either a faulty micro switch or one of the elements have failed.
    Imo it's either fitted wrong or its not being used correctly. Very rarely would you have this issue with a new shower. Either way plumber should come back to have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Is the T80xr still available for sale or are parts available? Ive one and its leaking out the bottom, not sure if its repairable or if it might be better to just replace it with a new identical version, Id prefer identical so all the holes are lined up the same (I never understand why they dont line the holes up the same in different models so they can easily be replaced with different/newer Triton models)

cerastes wrote:
    Is the T80xr still available for sale or are parts available? Ive one and its leaking out the bottom, not sure if its repairable or if it might be better to just replace it with a new identical version, Id prefer identical so all the holes are lined up the same (I never understand why they dont line the holes up the same in different models so they can easily be replaced with different/newer Triton models)

They stopped making the t80xr about 6 years ago. Parts are still available. Triton t80z is a good replacement. You will need to drill new holes to pin it to the wall but the old holes should be hidden behind the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hi all, we have a T90XR and this morning it started making an incredibly loud noise (though the water is flowing fine). It's always been loud but this is like a drill or jackhammer - it's causing the walls and doors in the next room to vibrate.

From other posts, I'm guessing we might need to change the motor? Is it safe to use it for the next couple of days, considering it's a bank holiday and we're unlikely to be able to get it fixed before Tuesday?

Thanks for any suggestions!

From other posts, I'm guessing we might need to change the motor? Is it safe to use it for the next couple of days, considering it's a bank holiday and we're unlikely to be able to get it fixed before Tuesday?

Bearings are gone & the motor needs replacing. You can expect to pay around 150 supplied & fitted.

Sometimes when the bearings go the pump leaks slightly. The pump then sprays the water around the shower. This wouldn't be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Hi all, we have a T90XR and this morning it started making an incredibly loud noise (though the water is flowing fine). It's always been loud but this is like a drill or jackhammer - it's causing the walls and doors in the next room to vibrate.

Thanks for any suggestions!

That happened ours, really loud. It has continued working for around a month. Apparently parts can't be got any more, so I picked up a Triton T90SR for 239 Euro. Just need to get it fitted now as the noise has got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hohe

Hi everyone. Just going to refresh this thread a bit.
    I've a problem with my T90xr. It's tripping the trip switch when on full power/heat mode. It's fine with cold water selected and fine with mid power. It's few years old and everything was great till this evening. I would be grateful for any clues.

Hohe wrote:
    Hi everyone. Just going to refresh this thread a bit. I've a problem with my T90xr. It's tripping the trip switch when on full power/heat mode. It's fine with cold water selected and fine with mid power. It's few years old and everything was great till this evening. I would be grateful for any clues.

One of the 2 elements has blown. A new heating can is around 150 supplied & fitted or a new triton t90sr is 335 to 360 supplied and fitted. Average life span of an electric shower is 10 years. If your shower is close to 10 years I'd replace it rather than repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hohe

One of the 2 elements has blown. A new heating can is around 150 supplied & fitted or a new triton t90sr is 335 to 360 supplied and fitted. Average life span of an electric shower is 10 years. If your shower is close to 10 years I'd replace it rather than repair it.

Thanks for your reply. I try to replace the can myself. Where's the best place to source it?

Hohe wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. I try to replace the can myself. Where's the best place to source it?

I'd have to be there with a multi meter before I can say 100% that it is the heating can. If it is then you can order one from Maynooth shower maintenance or Dublin Shower Repair. Maynooth should be slightly cheaper

• Advertisement
Advertisement