Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got the Canonet - Help?

• 23-01-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Oooo its lovely :) Been sitting here half an hour trying to figure it out. From what I've read it can work without the battery, but if its good I should be getting a needle meter reading in the viewfinder? I'm assuming the battery's dead (it had a bit of white dust on it, but the spring seems fine). Anyone able to explain to me how it meters? Its the original QL 19 - not the QL III.

And does anyone know where I'd get a battery in Dublin? Its a 625 px (or at least that's what was in the compartment). AFAIK its discontinued, and google's throwing up a replacement. But that's 1.5 v as opposed to 1.3 in the original I think? Would that cause an issue? I'd like to buy here so I can try it in the shop..

I'm thinking I'll head into Camera Exchange or Gunns tomorrow and see if they can tell me if the bloody thing's working or not as I can't figure it out at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

The battery in mine is dead too. Faj said Camera exchange might have one he said he didn't think Gunns had them in. I've been using mine with no battery which means no meter so I am guessing! I am a human light meter, I am a human light meter (if I say it enough it might stick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Fixed the issue I was having with the film rewind. I'm planning on shooting a roll of ISO 200 tomorrow and handing it into camera exchange for 1 hr dev. If that works I'm going to buy me some nice ISO 1600 or 3200 for the gig and take a meter reading from my digital and adjust it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Zinc air cells seen to be your only option. They seem to only last bout six months and have to be specially bought..... See linky

www.acecam.com/magazine/battery2.htm

Advertisement