Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stories that probably arnt true, but are still funny

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

This is inspired by the other thread about the Australian general and his comeback to a female interviewer. That and the one below probably fall into the probably not true but funny anyway category. Well here’s one I heard a while back. Other people have told me they’ve heard the same one with different people, but anyway…

This guy walks into a bar one day and sits up at the counter and orders a beer while he’s waiting for his friends. After a few minutes he spots someone playing pool – it’s none other than Robert DeNiro. So over your man walks to DeNiro and says: “ Sorry Mr DeNiro – would you please do me a favor, when you’re leaving could you please just come over and say good bye to me, it’ll really impress my friends”. So DeNiro agrees, asks the guys name, and then gets on with his game of pool.

Anyway, half an hour later, your man’s friends have all arrived, and DeNiro is about to leave. So he walks over to the guy and says “Mark, great to see you, I’ll see you soon” to which Mark turns to DeNiro (within earshot of his friends) and says “DeNiro – would you ever f**k off and don’t be annoying me when I’m try to have a quiet pint with friends!”

I thought it was a good one anyway!! Anyone else got any of these ‘don’t let the truth get in the way of a good yarn’ stories??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

This is true....You probably saw it too.

On Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Some guy had the million question. He still had phone a friend. So anyway he uses the life line and ring his dad. And he goes. Dad I'm gonna be a millionaire. Hung up, and answered it correctly. Thought it was pretty cool. And moderately funny :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Another story of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
    There's a (apparently fake?) pic going around about this one:
    Woman on first q(i think?) is asked Which is the biggest? And two options are:
    1) Elephant
    2) The Moon

She uses all three lifelines then:
    She picks..... you guessed it, elephants.
    Inspired the motivational poster:
    ELEPHANTS - Bigger than the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

RHRN wrote: »
    Another story of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
    There's a (apparently fake?) pic going around about this one:
    Woman on first q(i think?) is asked Which is the biggest? And two options are:
    1) Elephant
    2) The Moon

She uses all three lifelines then:
    She picks..... you guessed it, elephants.
    Inspired the motivational poster:
    ELEPHANTS - Bigger than the moon.

that one is fake. here's one that actually happened:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=u8pVFAOO3TQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Advertisement