Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing any of these First Arts subjects?

Options
  • 23-01-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have finally made a decision on my course subject for first arts.
    1: History of Art
    2: History
    3: Celtic civilisation
    4: Italian
    5: English

History of art is going to be my main subject throughout, I wanted to do Greek and Roman civilisation but that's in the same category as HA.
    Is there any mature students taking these subjects?, what are the pros n cons?, do any of the lecturers in these subjects use Blackboard?

Comments

Might be worth mentioning where the course is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

Sorry!! UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 comebackkid

your going to have to re evaluate those choices.

first of all you can only choose 4 subjects.

secondly, you have chosen italian and celtic civilisation. italian is from group 6a and celtic civil is from group 6b. that is fine in first year but only 1 of these can only be brought into second year

from prospectus
    "group 6a and group 6b become one group in second and 3rd year arts. therefore only 1 subject from geog+italian(6a) and celt civil,philosophy,spanish(6b), can be continued into second and third year arts"

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

Thanks, English was just an option i'd put down in case I didnt get my choices. my understanding is that I could take two of the subjects from group 6a and 6b and just keep on the one I find most interesting in second year. Is this right?:confused:

Advertisement