Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herberton Student Accommodation

Options
  • 23-01-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Anyone on the boards staying here or know of nyone staying there?

Whats the atmosphere like etc?

Me and a mate are strongly considering going there for our accomodation. How much privacy (if any) is there in the shared rooms? Are they big enough?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 swimming

well students! I know this advert is from a long time ago, but I am currently staying in herberton accommodation, and may I say I cannot wait to leave! I have had so much problems with this place its unbelievable! first off, do not fall for the apartment that they show you! It is the show apartment and is about 10 times the size of the actual apartments! I decided to choose a 3 bedroom apartment, as I wanted to get to know more people! Also I THOUGHT that being in a 3 bedroom apartment, it would be bigger then the 2 bedroom ones..I was totally wrong! The apartment is tiny! There are 6 of us squished into a tiny apartment with a bathroom between 4 of us, one room in ensuite, and one of the rooms has 2 people in it and its a single room. None of the locks worked at first, all broken until WE OURSELVES decided to fix them as the staff here did not do anything, after telling them hundreds of times! there reply was always "ok, i will call down" pffff...then the light bulbs all blew, at least 4 times of which EVENTUALLY were replaced! The washmachine also broke and was fixed about 2 weeks later after some amount of words with the staff! Next off the freezer! We have to defrost our freezer at least once every 2 weeks as its turned up way too high, and we have no control of the temperature! Again a problem they would not fix! Our iron also broke, and I asked for a new one and to this day we still have none, they wont get one! As for our ironing table..it was given to us with one and a half legs, were u have to lean it against something to keep it upright! and with that it only come to knee height, looks like a toy! As for the student life here, it SUCKS!! There is a court yard at the back were u wud expect everyone to mingle, but no, NOBODY comes out from the apartments! You actually wouldnt see a single person when walking through the place..so dead! As for the area, it is so dodgy! I along with all my flatmates have been approached by the "residents of Rialto(its really in Fatima" threatning us and asking us for our wallets and phones by loads of kids and teenagers!! All this just coming back from college, going to the shop or coming back after the weekend It really isnt worth it! Anyway enough of the rant! But if u really have no other place, then put plenty of thought into it, and do not believe the staff who say "awh yeah we nearly full, you have to book soon" its complete rubbish! There was still people moving in, in November/December! P.S 24 hr security....NO THERE IS NOT!! They are NEVER in RECEPTION!!! and the night warden leaves at like 4am! hhaha sorry for the long winded speech, jst wanted to hightlight its not nice here! P.s.s Internet access is terrible..so slow and is always going off! it was also not working the whole way through exams, when u need it most, for about a week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

The place is so expensive and in a tough enough area. Best off finding a place with a few friends who are also in Dublin.

Advertisement