Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant connect to the internet on my phone

• 23-01-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I have an LG Renior on 3

Everytime i try to connect to the internet i get a message saying to turn on internet access in my3 settings i have done this and am still getting the message

I can access planet 3 and view my balance but i cannot access any websites at all apart from this any help would be greatly appreciated

I have phone 3 customer support numerous times with no success they are useless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Shot in the dark here but have you verified your age with 3 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that's what i was going to suggest but since she's called 3 numerous times that might not be the problem

It's still quite likely that none of the copped the problem because they're, well, retarded so there'd be no harm in calling them again and asking them about verification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Go to planet 3, my3, access settings, internet access, switch to on. Leave phone 5mins then turn off and back on again. This should work if not its a phone/sim problem. Age verification is a thing of the past. All 3pay has the internet open. Hope this helps.

Walkman wrote: »
    Go to planet 3, my3, access settings, internet access, switch to on. Leave phone 5mins then turn off and back on again. This should work if not its a phone/sim problem. Age verification is a thing of the past. All 3pay has the internet open. Hope this helps.

I was thinking you could do it on my3 now but you'd have to wonder why numerous agents didn't tell her to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nigeloconnor

I switched from Vodafone to 3 yesterday, got an N96 and having similiar problems connecting to the internet. I can access My3 but no 'external' sites. I have set to be able to access internet to home and abroad on the My3 menu but still not working. I called 3 but go no joy.. basically she said to try using the phone in a different area or a SIM swap. I have full reception where i am..

Any ideas?

Oh I did a firm update to the lastest firmware.. But even before i did that I couldn't get onto the internet.

• Advertisement

As far as I can tell the problem is that I am not in a 3G area so can't get access to the internet on my mobile... This seems crazy to me.. surely i should be able to get on the internet/wap and not be in a 3G area..

I was in town today and in a 3G area and bingo... internet worked perfect on my mobile.. I have full reception where I live but not 3G, When I was with vodafone I didn't have 3G access at home but could get onto the internet using my phone..

Anyone have any similar issues with 3 network?

everyone has that issue with the 3 network because that's how it works. They only have 3g coverage, anywhere else is covered by vodafone. They'd have to pay more to allow you to access the net so they don't allow it. Sounds silly i know but three do a lot of things on the cheap tbh

if it's no use to you now because of that you can bring it back within two weeks as long as it's as new. Some shops might not give 2 weeks though so hurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Try force the phone to UMTS only under network settings and see if you get a signal then. Or If you have access to wifi in your house just use that instead.

Thanks guys... Thats a bit of a cop out by 3.. I called the customer service a few times and there was no mention of this.. I told them a few times I have full coverage but not 3G..

So does that mean their mobile broadband will only work in 3 areas too? because they say they have 87% coverage for broadband.. one look at the coverage map will show about 50% broadband coverage..

I suppose I will just have to live without it..

• Advertisement

Thanks guys... Thats a bit of a cop out by 3.. I called the customer service a few times and there was no mention of this.. I told them a few times I have full coverage but not 3G..
    they should have been able to tell you what the problem was straight away. they're useless
    So does that mean their mobile broadband will only work in 3 areas too? because they say they have 87% coverage for broadband.. one look at the coverage map will show about 50% broadband coverage..
    yes it does mean that and the 87% is population coverage, not area coverage

What exactly is UMTS connection?? I also tried this connection at home and I can get a weak signal in some parts of th house (near the windows :-)... Thanks for that Mcguyvor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Thats the 3G connection when you are connected to that your connected to 3 and the connection won't roam on to Vodafones network when the signal is weak.

Advertisement