Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with the new GCCC anyone?

Options
  • 23-01-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hows it goin' lads,

Im a final year Quantity Surveying student and I am currently undertaking (starting!) my thesis. The title is "The effect of the new Government form of contract on estimating and planning in Civil Engineering". Im wondering does anyone have any experience in estimating for civil projects under this new contract? or any information on the impact it is currently having on the estimating process. I am aware fo the risk transfer, lump sum contract etc but would like to know how all this is impacting on the estimating process.

....or if you have any general comments about the GCCC sure just throw them in.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

From my experience (civil rather than building), the economic slowdown is having much more of an effect than the new contracts. The new contracts add risk to the contractor and therefore prices should be increasing, however builders are so keen to get some work to keep them ticking over for a few months that prices have actually reduced significantly.

Advertisement