Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flying with Camera in handluggage ??

• 23-01-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Im flying off to sunny (hopefully) weather tomorrow
    I'm taking my SLR, is it ok to bring it in hand luggage ?

probably a bit of a stupid question, but better safe than sorry

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes there will be no problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not only can you, you should only have it as hand luggage.

I would not trust my gear to the Baggage Handlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

YEs its finsd just make sure you don't go over the weight limit ... its 6kg for Aerlingus so if you are taking lenses it could be a problem

yeah never check gear in ... it would be gone ...

PS .. how do people handle it when they are taking a load of gear ?

I can just get it in at about 6kg when i take some of my L lenses ... but

im sure in another few months AerLingus (theives) will reduce that to 4kg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

jackdaw wrote: »
    YEs its finsd just make sure you don't go over the weight limit ... its 6kg for Aerlingus so if you are taking lenses it could be a problem

yeah never check gear in ... it would be gone ...

PS .. how do people handle it when they are taking a load of gear ?

I can just get it in at about 6kg when i take some of my L lenses ... but

im sure in another few months AerLingus (theives) will reduce that to 4kg...

I've taken a full peli 1510 case on as hand luggage on both Ryanair and Aer Lingus flights. When challenged by cabin crew I just open it and ask them would they trust it in the hold. You just need to be nice.

Flying again on 7 Feb to England and need a fair bit of kit with me including the 300mm but am using a back pack on this ocassion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I load my gear & laptop into a backpack & then carry so that it looks light.

I think my hand luggage has weighed the same as my checked in bag. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I've always assumed a tripod/monopod would be a definite no-no for carry-on.

Has anyone ever tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

BendiBus wrote: »
    I've always assumed a tripod/monopod would be a definite no-no for carry-on.

Has anyone ever tried it?

Never had a problem with either as hand luggage and that includes airports in Ireland, UK, Germany, Latvia, Spain and Portugal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Did you not say you had a big problem with your gear at some airport recently soccerc?

Advertisement