Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfair?

Options
  • 24-01-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

any1 else think its outlandish the way some people pick art which is much easier than other subjects yet get the same points as someone who does a real subject?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Some people are musical. Should they get docked marks for doing Music?
    Same goes for science, languages, maths, etc... no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

art and music should be for outside the classroom. am i given a b1 for how much i lift?

I don't understand your argument. Art and Music require learning, ability, and creativity, just like, let's say, English. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be school subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

You do realize there is a big element of learning in Art History also. It's not just a doss subject. Creative people who take art may also be more likely to be worse at Maths or more technical subjects, well that was the case with a few people I know, including myself :o There is a lot of work in Art throughout the year preparing project work and compiling background information so it really isn't an easy-A subject.

I would be more concerned with people taking subjects like 'Agricultural Science' to get into courses like Medicine or Dentistry, :eek: If I had known about it when I was doing the leaving, I would have probably taken it though to get into Architecture, lol :D

TBH, there are a few subjects in the leaving which are good for picking up points, but I don't believe Art is one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

lol art isn't about finger painting :D theres a lot more to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Also has the lowest A1-rate of all higher-level subjects, by a long shot, so hardly the place to go hunting for the top points.

Stats here: http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2008/nat_stats_2008n.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Is the only reason you post on Boards to annoy people?

I get that people do infact troll, but are there not more fun corners of the internet that you could waste your time on?

Its like you're the new Regob or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

any1 else think its outlandish the way some people pick art which is much easier than other subjects yet get the same points as someone who does a real subject?
    lol.

Also has the lowest A1-rate of all higher-level subjects, by a long shot, so hardly the place to go hunting for the top points.

Stats here: http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2008/nat_stats_2008n.pdf

ummmm i have a theory here. you get many wasters doing art thinking its easy(which of course its not) so they expect to need to do nothin and get an a1, but get a shock and get a d2 or somethin like that jus my theory so maby not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

No.

And I'd find art way harder then,for example, business. I can't draw for ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

ummmm i have a theory here. you get many wasters doing art thinking its easy(which of course its not) so they expect to need to do nothin and get an a1, but get a shock and get a d2 or somethin like that jus my theory so maby not

Um, are you not just contradicting yourself now... :rolleyes:

its not easy but compared to real subjects like maths, irish, english, business it is easy and a bit irrelevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

art isn't just drawing and sculpting.... there's the art history side too which seems just as hard to learn as any other subject. so your saying if you find the subject easy to get good marks in you shouldn't get the same points as someone else who did biology????? thats stupid.... lots of people find geography really easy and will easily get A's in the leaving..... but if they find is easy does that mean they should get lower points????????

im just saying. if it was fact wud i have had a question mark after unfair?

any1 else think its outlandish the way some people pick art which is much easier than other subjects
    you get many wasters doing art thinking its easy(which of course its not)

LOGIC ERROR LOGIC ERROR LOGIC ERROR LOGIC ERROR LOGIC ERROR

could u delete that please the colour hurts my eyes

My God, you really keep coming out with brilliant statements.

I don't do art, thankfully. But, from what I know about it, I'd consider it one of the hardest. It's a lot harder than, say, maths - as it's subjective. Most subjects are objective, they're the easy ones; but the hard ones are the subjective ones: English, art, history etc.

As has already been said, it has the lowest A1 rate while still being a relatively obscure subject.

Why not pick on applied maths, which has one of the highest A1 rates?

I think Higher Maths is the easiest subject.

0 points for me so? :(

well generaly the kids who do applied maths in my school would be a bit further up the food chain than the art people

well generaly the kids who do applied maths in my school would be a bit further up the food chain than the art people
    Cannibalistic! :pac:

• Advertisement

And you do neither? I guess I know where you are on the food chain so.

Tell me, on what basis are you claiming art to be so ridiculously easy? Give me some evidence, or your point is just moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

TROLL FAIL.

fail-owned-another-failbus.jpg

imo art is for the people who feel history will be just too much for them.

Well, personal opinions don't count for much. Unless you can back your claims up with some statistics or facts, you're points are completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

He may just be trying to make himself feel better because he's shít at history.

Just one of many possibilities though - I really don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

its not easy but compared to real subjects like maths, irish, english, business it is easy and a bit irrelevant

I'm sorry to say this but I am guessing you are trolling - my son did art :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

And can the people who are "further up the food chain" spell and use proper grammar and punctuation? I feel you may be at the bottom of that particular chain darling:rolleyes:

Saibh wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say this but I am guessing you are trolling - my son did art :mad:

i feel for you but don't be that angry. it was HIS choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Saibh wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say this but I am guessing you are trolling

not even doing it well, he's trowelling:

http://www.churchbrick.com/church%20brick/Trowel.JPG
    complete ruining of page format is me highlighting how annoying he is.............

• Advertisement

deemark wrote: »
    And can the people who are "further up the food chain" spell and use proper grammar and punctuation? I feel you may be at the bottom of that particular chain darling:rolleyes:

why wud i use proper spelin on the internet i mean its not like you get given a grade or anything. relax

Advertisement