Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfair?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

i feel for you but don't be that angry. it was HIS choice.
    Do you see where you're going wrong?

You have to try to be believable when performing this art. It's not just a case of say whatever annoys people!

(:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Fad wrote: »
    not even doing it well, he's trowelling:

Troll in the biggest term :) (and I think it is a she - only guessing) I am probably worse for feeding the damn thing.

Hence my dear Troll - go away (forever) :)

I'm slightly disappointed with this troll; they usually do a far superior job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

why wud i use proper spelin on the internet i mean its not like you get given a grade or anything. relax

Read the charter, failure to abide by it=bannage.

Your bannage=happiness even if its only temporary.........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'm slightly disappointed with this troll; they usually do a far superior job.

Maybe he didn't do art because he's not at all creative? :D

• Advertisement

Maybe he didn't do art because he's not at all creative? :D

*looks back at page 2 and giggles*

Nah, he's just a tool:pac:

No yore a trowel!

(The puns will just get worse, won't they, Fad?) :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

nice clique u have goin on in here lads. pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

• Advertisement

No yore a trowel!

(The puns will just get worse, won't they, Fad?) :D :pac:

In real life, I hate puns, on the internet, even more!

(There are few exceptions, but there are some)

wtf.jpg

Tell me, Pepsietc.etc., what subjects do you do?

nice clique u have goin on in here lads. pathetic

Then why post here if its soooooooo beneath you?

business
    irish
    history
    english
    maths
    french
    classics
    geography

history

Ah, theory correct! He's trying to make himself feel better for doing shíte.

business
    irish
    history
    english
    maths
    french
    classics
    geography

Amusingly, 3 of those subjects are regarded as relatively easy A's and are frequently picked up by repeat students.

business
    irish
    history
    english
    maths
    french
    classics
    geography

Since you're so very judgemental, let me be.

Geography and Business, unarguable considered two of the easiest Leaving Cert. subjects.

History and Classics, yes, they'd be harder.

But, don't you see that passing remarks about how easy you percieve subjects to be is pointless? Because someone can say right back that Geography and Business are considered pretty easy.

The point I'm trying to make, and always have been trying to make, is that the difficulty of a subject is highly subjective. I'd put art in the same boat as history, and indeed english. It isn't an easy subject, because not one single subject on the LC is easy. Why? Because everyones different. I personally find app. maths, maths and physics to be very easy. Does that mean they are? No. Does that give other people the right to complain about how easy I percieve them to be? No.

The moral of my story is that difficulty is subjective; it's subjective because everyone is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

why wud i use proper spelin on the internet i mean its not like you get given a grade or anything. relax

Oh, so it's a choice? You can spell, you just choose not to?

I would've thought, given your superior attitude, that you would be eager to show off your proficiency in a real subject.

no need for the condescending tone.

• Advertisement

This is setting new lows for trolls everywhere.

no need for the condescending tone.

Is that directed at me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Probably directed at me. He can dish it out but can't take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeesh, is this fella serious? Just shut up. And a what is a "real" subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

its not easy but compared to real subjects like maths, irish, english, business it is easy and a bit irrelevant

Art's not a fake, mythical subject. It's just as real as your abc's and 123's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I reckon you should quit while your.....so far far far behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 UncleBen

I studied music and think it's fair to say that some elements of the exam are objectively easy.

For example, the technology practical (25%) requires little more than basic computer fluency.

There's also a little more room for 'winging it' compared to lets say, higher level maths, as much of the listening section is multiple choice.
    Also, if your higher elective isn't performance, the required standard for the performance practical is quite low and I've seen people with a modest singing ability do alright.

However there's also difficult elements to this subject and I think some musical aptitude is definitely required for a decent mark.

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Also has the lowest A1-rate of all higher-level subjects, by a long shot, so hardly the place to go hunting for the top points.

Stats here: http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2008/nat_stats_2008n.pdf

Applied Maths has the highest rate of A1s (I think) but it's not easy so I don't think that is a good way of judging how easy or hard a subject is.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

any1 else think its outlandish the way some people pick art which is much easier than other subjects yet get the same points as someone who does a real subject?
    Begging your pardon! :pac:

Arts a bitch. Requires creativity, interpretation, and patience. Theres a lot of work that goes into the project portion and a lot of study that goes into the art appreciation portion. Trying to speak intelligently about Monet and Newgrange for 10 pages? Fughettaboutit. Its can be a bit of a pain. And gross quantities of time as I said goes into the project: 5 hours plus 50 hours of preperation (well, ok, more like 15.)

If you want to talk about outlandish, mythical subjects: Business Studies. I mean wtf. Im glad I took Economics in 6th year - so much more worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

friendface wrote: »
    I would be more concerned with people taking subjects like 'Agricultural Science' to get into courses like Medicine or Dentistry, :eek: If I had known about it when I was doing the leaving, I would have probably taken it though to get into Architecture, lol :D

i'd be more concerned with people taking a load of non science subjects (business, geography etc) to get the points to get into dentistry and medicine tbh
    its not easy but compared to real subjects like maths, irish, english, business it is easy and a bit irrelevant

i suppose classics is way more relevant than art then?
    business
    irish
    history
    english
    maths
    french
    classics
    geography

not many higher food chain subjects there....

Advertisement