Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that you love about Galway.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What I like:
    Town on a sunny summers day.
    Bumping into friends all the time.
    It's small enough to walk through but has all the major shops and amenities.
    Closeness to the bay, beaches, Connemara, Burren.
    3 close airports, Galway, Knock and Shannon.
    The foreigners and students that liven up the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

The constant driving rain? Anytime I went to Galway Winter or Summer you could count on getting a nice bit of rain. My wife always insists on going shopping anyway so I am always wet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

biko wrote: »
    3 close airports, Galway, Knock and Shannon.

Dublin Airport won't be too far away (travel time wise) either when the motorway is finished. 1hr 45mins or less I reckon.

We're really lucky in the sense that we have many air travel options open to us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

KevR wrote: »
    Dublin Airport won't be too far away (travel time wise) either when the motorway is finished. 1hr 45mins or less I reckon.

We're really lucky in the sense that we have many air travel options open to us here.

And sure America is only a stone throw away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

s_carnage wrote: »
    And sure America is only a stone throw away!!
    Jayz you must have some set of arms on ya. I've been trowing stones at the yanks for years and haven't hit one yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement