Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does it mean?

Options
  • 24-01-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I know I should be posting this in the dreaming section, and I will, but just to get another view on it I'll start here.

I'm a guy in 3rd/final year in college. Last night I had a dream where I was having a fairly deep conversation with another guy in my class. (I'd be friendly-ish with him in real life, and he would generally be considered good looking - 1 or 2 female friends are mad about him.)
    Anyway, suddenly in the dream we started kissing- (tongues!) - Thing is I got turned on by it, so much so that when I woke up I tried going back to sleep again to continue it.

Now, I don't know what to think about myself. I was on his bebo today looking at his photos. I realised I have a crush on him.

I should mention that I am single, straight & never thought about another guy like this before. He has a very long-term girlfriend by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Untense

Now, I don't know what to think about myself.
    I'm guessing what you mean by this is you're feeling confused about the label 'straight' you've given to yourself ?

Have you heard of the Kinsey scale?
    Not everyone fits firmly in to the label of 'straight-bisexual-gay'. Many many people are more 'in the gaps' between these labels. Possibly a lot more people than you might think.

Just because you have a dream, or a crush on a person of the same gender, it doesn't mean you now have to suddenly identify with a new label such as bisexual or gay. Nor does it necessarily mean that these feelings are going to last, or are indicative of what's to come.

You're still the same person you always were, experiencing a crush like I'm sure you have done before.
    If I were you I'd just try to enjoy it without making it in to anything more than what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

try www.dreammoods.com

Usually in your dreams, all the people are you, and aspects of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I'm going to go with Untense on this one, and I'll keep the focus on you rather than him.

You say you've never thought about another guy like this before, and I'll take your word for it. How about girls? As far as sexual experience goes, have you any with guys? Girls? (Apologies for the personal nature of the questions, but you *did* ask for advice.)

As Untense said, not everyone fits a label. I had a crush on a girl when I was about 14 or so, but it doesn't mean I'm not gay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm 22. Started going out with a girl when I was 15. We broke up just before Christmas. So a fairly longterm relationship given our age. I was unfaithful twice. Last time was Halloween. The relationship had been on the slide for a while. We were just friends by the end of it. Still are friends.

To answer your question I've never had a sexual experience with another guy.

I met the guy today and ended up sitting beside him in a lecture hall. I couldn't concentrate on anything the lecturer was saying. He smelt great. I didn't want to ask him what aftershave he was wearing as it would seem way too weird a question!
    We were talking after about training. Going for a run together tomorrow night.

Nobody needs to tell me not to do anything stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Are you sure you should start spending more time with him? No matter who you have a crush on, if they're already in a relationship you're probably just setting yourself up for heartache.

You were in a very longterm relationship, so it's only natural now that you're single that you're open to possibilities again. You should probably take some time to get know your own feelings and accept whatever they may be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement