Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herm gone in KC

• 24-01-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭

Head Coach Herm Edwards was fired today by the Kansas City Chiefs. Chiefs sources claim that Mike Shanahan is the favourite to replace him.

He deserved to go i reckon. It will be intresting to see if they get Shanahan since the Broncos and Raiders are in the AFC West aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'd disagree a bit, Herm wanted to blow up the chiefs two years ago but top brass wouldn't let him which made things a lot worse this year. That said they were competitive in a lot of games and a year of extra experience could turn that around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

jdivision wrote: »
    I'd disagree a bit, Herm wanted to blow up the chiefs two years ago but top brass wouldn't let him which made things a lot worse this year. That said they were competitive in a lot of games and a year of extra experience could turn that around.

Yeah the whole rebuilding thing could have been a reason to keep him. but i suppose pioli and the hunt family saw his 15 - 33 record with the team as reason enough to fire him.

What do you guys think is going to happen with the whole Larry Johnson wanting out situation? That will probobly be the next issue the Chiefs address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Not many teams will want him. Overpaid and in decline i think. They rode him too hard a couple of years ago. He's nearly 30 too and that's the breakdown age for most running backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

jdivision wrote: »
    Not many teams will want him. Overpaid and in decline i think. They rode him too hard a couple of years ago. He's nearly 30 too and that's the breakdown age for most running backs.

they really did, he had 416 carries in 2006. since then hes been average at best. Hes also got some 'charecter issues'. If he gets released I could see the patriots getting something out of him like they did with Corey Dillon.

Advertisement