Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED A WIRELESS EXPERT!!!

Options
  • 24-01-2009 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Need an expert on wireless... I need to connect to a network thats around 100m away outside to inside through a wall and one tree, i m buying a 9db antenna with 10m of cable that looses .57db for every metre. I also have a base for the antenna that looses .32db.

What type of wireless card would i need to get to be able to push enough power through the cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp and tech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Something like this should work better for a good reliable signal I'd say, powered by a PoE cable which can go pretty long and all the antenna, radio equipment and router etc is built in. Just plugs into your network basically.

http://www.ubnt.com/products/loco.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

What client hardware are you using? A PC, laptop, pda?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The Irish distributor for the NanoStation loco is HERE:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Cheers for the help lads, im using a normal pc. The wireless card on it doesnt pick it up at the distance...

Advertisement