Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to decipher a dream. [Long text]

Options
  • 24-01-2009 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the right place.

I just have to write as i just woke up.

True background-story is that my granddad passed away a few weeks ago, and i'm flying home on monday just to be able to be at the service on thursday. It's on my mothers side. If it might have any connection to the dream, that is.

I had a mad dream, which might seem silly. The dream started with me going home (as i am from another foreign country i sometimes go home for visits)

It all started at a local shoppingmall, where the mall seems to be totally filled up with circus-acts and performers. There was a group of dancers i didn't pay attention to at first. But as i walked a long i sort of skidded on the tiled floor on purpose. To which one of the dancers said something about: "Hey, nice moves join our group."

I was hesitant but i said: "Great sure i will just empty my pockets on the table over there. So i don't drop anything."

I got lost from the group and the only way of finding them again were to go around the building. So i did. And all of a sudden i am wearing nothing than my underwear and are laying in bed. In the street! So i panicked and wrapped the duve around me and started walking home. But this wasn't my hometown. It was in Cork all of a sudden. And i had to find my way back home. Took a while, and i had to ask for directions. On the way i heard people making witty comments and elderly ladies shouted obscenities towards me.

As i got home, i found out that my mother wasn't at home (why would she? It's MY apartment.) I began to get worried since she had been gone for so many days, when she all of a sudden stumbled in through the door. Drunk as a distillery. And with her she had some friends. Also drunk.

So i asked where she's been "None of your bother" and where dad was "Who cares about an alcoholic like him?"

And thats the way the dream went on. My mother totally drunk, sitting next to the couch on the floor, bingedrinking with her friends being obnoxious. And i never saw my money or my wallet again, because i never went back to the shoppingmall.

Veeery long story, Sorry about that. Some people might find it to be to revealing, but i dunno.

Advertisement