Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair under warranty - 3G

• 24-01-2009 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Nokia 6500 Classic sim free in 3G in May 2008. I brought it back for repair at the beginning of January. The problem was on occasions I couldn't hear a caller (I have since googled this and it seems to be a common problem with this phone). Anyway, I got the phone back on Wednesday and it was working fine but yesterday I couldn't hear a caller. I rang 3G and they said they have to send a phone back twice before considering replacing it. I have checked their website and can't find any wording for their policies on warranty and I've checked Nokia's site and there is no mention that I must submit my phone for repair twice before they will replace it. Can anybody advise me please? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

SMK wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a Nokia 6500 Classic sim free in 3G in May 2008. I brought it back for repair at the beginning of January. The problem was on occasions I couldn't hear a caller (I have since googled this and it seems to be a common problem with this phone). Anyway, I got the phone back on Wednesday and it was working fine but yesterday I couldn't hear a caller. I rang 3G and they said they have to send a phone back twice before considering replacing it. I have checked their website and can't find any wording for their policies on warranty and I've checked Nokia's site and there is no mention that I must submit my phone for repair twice before they will replace it. Can anybody advise me please? Thanks

As far as I'm aware, the "three repairs" policy has no legal standing. Under the sale of goods and supply of services act, a faulty item can be repaired but the repair must be permanent. If it isn't, as in your case, you are in a better position to argue for a replacement.

This is a bit of a gray area to be honest, so I would give the National Consumer Agency and the consumer association a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

With Three they give out a copy of the warranty information in the box of the phone.

If you still have the box maybe have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the warranty - I have receipts/warranties for various things going back years but the one I need I don't have!!! I will call into them tomorrow and discuss it with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭patchybaby

was just reading about your dilemma there and i thot sum1 cud help me. My nephew has an x-box 360 that he got from santy the christmas before last. It broke down on christmas day,making it exactly 1 year old. we rang the shop only to be told we would have to contact the manufacturer. we have emailed the company in question and have had no joy at all. someone told him that when 3 red lights come on then its broken forever. Apparently this is a common problem, could anyone help me with this....the wee boys only 11 and missing his machine...thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

patchybaby wrote: »
    was just reading about your dilemma there and i thot sum1 cud help me. My nephew has an x-box 360 that he got from santy the christmas before last. It broke down on christmas day,making it exactly 1 year old. we rang the shop only to be told we would have to contact the manufacturer. we have emailed the company in question and have had no joy at all. someone told him that when 3 red lights come on then its broken forever. Apparently this is a common problem, could anyone help me with this....the wee boys only 11 and missing his machine...thanx

Aww. Microsoft actually extended the warranty on all xbox360s to three years for the "red ring of death" fault. It is a well known manufacturing default that causes this.

If his xbox360 is showing the 3 red lights then Microsoft will repair it for free. Phone them on 1 800 509 186 or go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭patchybaby

aw that's brilliant,i shall get onto that.....much appreciated:)

Advertisement