Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The End of this Programme!

Options
  • 24-01-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Last night proved the end for Big Brother.

Nominated every time there was a nomination, and yet saved through some miracle of television executive power, the person we hated the most managed to win BB - and while she was being interviewed live after the show (with questions that made me think they were so badly scripted it was funny) I asked myself if people actually heard the massive amount of booing going on.

Of course, naturally, Channel 4 ignored the criticism and just used a studio audience of pre paid authorised extras to congragulate themselves for yet another series of the programme.....and the person who earned the most money as her fee also managed to become the one who won the comp!?

Yes, as far as I am concerned, last night proved that Celebrity Big Brother is no more than a vehicle for celebrities to gain some kind of stupid promotion and then wind up co presenting a small time mid morning reality show or mid afternoon quiz show.

Hopefully this will be the end of this stupid farce and some money can be invested back into giving those media workers something useful to do with their time.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that Celebrity Big Brother is no more than a vehicle for celebrities to gain some kind of stupid promotion

stop the presses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Originally Posted by Motley Crue
    that Celebrity Big Brother is no more than a vehicle for celebrities to gain some kind of stupid promotion
    Ulrika was making it out as it if was '' just another job '' yeah , another job with a nice payout and higher public profile ,leading onto more job oppurtunitys at the end .I dont think she would have gone and left her 3 kids to go live in the house for nothing at the end .It's all about promoting self really .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Myhairspray

When will we ever learn? Can I suggest that Big Brother should be banned during exam time. It's so unfair on students, some of whom seem to get sucked in every year and thenend up staying up late, often resulting in arguments with their parents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You can.
    But it would carry no weight as long as the programme is maintaining viewers.:)

Advertisement