Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia e51 wifi

• 24-01-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

on this handset . would anyone know if possible to down load files from rapid share etc?
    or even torrent files?
    joe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

No, not possible. its really only a browser but you can download pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

there is a program or too for downloading torrents on S60, one of them is SymTorrent, I was able to download it but never got any of the torrents to download, not sure if that was to do with the program though. You'd need a big memory card if its anything big you wanna download!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeking

e51 takes up to bgb micro sd= have a 6300 just goes to 2gb
    and it dosnt play a lot of 3gp videos, so changing to e51.
    just taught id research the downloading thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can download from rapidshare once you have enough memory on your device. It's only a simple website interface (even though most probably use download accelerators etc on their PC). I don't see why it wouldn't work?

As for torrents - there are applications out there but I'm not sure really why you'd want to be running torrenting apps on your phone on any permanent basis. Very battery and data intensive (I know .. wifi .. but still).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

rapidshare, like most websites fill their pages with lots and lots of javascript and other bloat that makes it very unlikely to work

but do try out symtorrent i used it before. but of course it works better if you forward a port to your phone. as with all torrent clients

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Rapidshare no issues once the file type you are downloading is recognised on the e51. ie zip files no problem but rar files need a hack using coreplayer.
    If it cant be opened on the e51 it will be hard to download.

Have'nt looked at torrents but if there is an app for it why not.

Advertisement