Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intro to cognitive science.. laptop needed??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dave! wrote: »
    Liking the module MNG?

Yeah I'm liking the way it's presented. With that being said I missed a few which I'm annoyed with myself about as reading the notes isn't easy when you've not been there. :o

I'm just hoping the exam at Week 8 isn't too difficult as I need all the marks I can muster at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's not really, if I recall it was just a paragraph on a few topics (9 or 10 lines on each), you get about 10 questions and answer 7. Somethin like that.

Oh and for the summer exam if you're gonna concentrate on certain topics, personally I would go with the topics that are not on the mid-term! I made that mistake last year and nothing I studied came up :( So it seems he puts some topics on the mid-term and the rest on the summer exam. Makes sense really... it did not occur to me at the time however :(

BTW did he not give out a sample paper? Or last year's? Since last year was the first year, he gave us out a sample paper. I presume this year you'll be able to check out the past papers on SIS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

We've an exam for Week 8.

so its after easter then? sorry just got a bit confused cos i was sure he had said it was before easter!! phew!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Personally, I'd advise getting one of some sort regardless of the course you're doing. Even something like an Acer One or an Asus eePC or even a used iBook will come in handy for being able to surf the net, use Google chat or upload/download stuff from Blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willmccormack

hi guys is the midterm on tuesday or thursday? i missed a few lectures before the break and im having a panic! did he say what topics will be on it?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

hi guys is the midterm on tuesday or thursday? i missed a few lectures before the break and im having a panic! did he say what topics will be on it?
    thanks

its tomo! ah ! havent started to study so if anyone has any tips pleas share :D

I'm not certain what topics will be on it but the lecture notes and mandatory readings are up on his site.

Wikipedia is your friend too!

I'm bricking it myself actually. I did a fair bit of study last week but I've no idea if it will see me through.

Well how did everyone get on? I found it a mixed bag. Some questions I liked, otehrs not so much. If I get a pass I'd be happy. I need to improve a lot for the next one.

I also have to say I've never seen so many people make the class. :D

to be honest i found this exam terrible. i had studied for it but it just wasnt what i had expected. i am so mad that the second class got the same test as the first class as i am aware that there was a lot of cheating taking place in the second class as they all had answers written out already.
    anyways im just really worried about the module now :(

to be honest i found this exam terrible. i had studied for it but it just wasnt what i had expected. i am so mad that the second class got the same test as the first class as i am aware that there was a lot of cheating taking place in the second class as they all had answers written out already.
    anyways im just really worried about the module now :(

Didn't know that about the second class as that was the one I was in. Wish I knew someone from the first class! :pac:

I'm kind of in the same boat as yourself but he did say he was going to mark them nicely so hopefully we'll be alright...

• Advertisement

Didn't know that about the second class as that was the one I was in. Wish I knew someone from the first class! :pac:

I'm kind of in the same boat as yourself but he did say he was going to mark them nicely so hopefully we'll be alright...

i am really hoping so anyway :)

anyone any ideas on the exam?!!

does anyone know if its the whole module being examened or is it the second half since the first half was done with the mid term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I did it last year and it was the first half of the course examined in the midterm exam, and the second half in the summer. Don't take it as gospel, but that was certainly the case for me !

anyone any ideas on the exam?!!

does anyone know if its the whole module being examened or is it the second half since the first half was done with the mid term?

Pretty sure it's the second half. That's what I'll be studying for anyway!

Just to follow up on this, it turns out it is in fact on the whole course. Don't just study the second semester stuff like I advised. :o

Advertisement