Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Hostels to stay in Galway city, with parking, or near by parking

Options
  • 24-01-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know any nice Hostels to stay in the Galway City area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

http://www.sleepzone.ie/About_Sleepzone_Galway/Default.19.html

Far as i know it has parking but if not there is Roches multistory carpark right beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I don't think that the Roches multistory is 24 hour. However, Sleepzone may have an arrangement made somewhere.

On the other end of town there's Barnacles on Quay St. Claddagh (Jurys) carpark is beside it, and they do an overnight rate.

You could also park in Merchants Road carpark, but it's a bit away from either hostel (unless Kinlay House is still on the corner of Merchants Road).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

there's the small car pk opposite sleepzone at the rear of county buildings also you have the dyke rd car pk which is approx 3 mins walk away and its free of charge after 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

\i wouldn't be too sure about leaving a car overnight on Dyke Road. The carpark behind county buildings only opens to the public at weekends, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Another Hostel worth mentioning is the new one on foster court (Someone please put me out of my misery and remind me of the name!). Ive looked in while walking past and it looks quite nice. No beer allowed though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fey! wrote: »
    I don't think that the Roches multistory is 24 hour.

It's not.

Fey! wrote: »
    You could also park in Merchants Road carpark, but it's a bit away from either hostel (unless Kinlay House is still on the corner of Merchants Road).

Kinlay House is still there. And having stayed both there and in Sleepzone, I'd definitely recommend Kinlay. Far nicer atmosphere, and slightly larger rooms.

But overall, check out www.hostelworld.com Review from real people who've stayed there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭patspost

The place in foster court is called sozzlers or something like that, a very nice place. car parking at reduced rates in the Habitat car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Forster st hostel is new and its called snoozles or snoozies not sure? think they have parking but whatever ya do dont park in the estate behind it (the elms) have seen sooo many people get clamped in there!

Advertisement