Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaching Level 80:)

Options
  • 24-01-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

So yay! I started playing WoW in September and got my first char to 80! just wondering what is the average time for this? mine was 12days and a couple of hours- 15 of those hours spent on level 75- just couldn't seem to gain xp anywhere- was really lost!

And also for the hunters- for raiding and dungeons- would it be a good idea to respec as MM- I was thinking of 20/51/0. I am 51/20/0 atm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

no idea the average time to level to 80, most people have been playing for a while so its hard to tell with that huge time spent at level cap :)

Afaik, BM is still by far and away the best raid spec, altho that could have changed since the patch. Check the wws link at the top of the forum, and armoury the hunters. They will all have the same spec and thats the one to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

took me 54hrs /played to get my 1st char from 70-80. woulda been less if i wasnt tired all the time but it took friday-sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wow...congrats on wasting so much time. WoW obviously eats up ppls lives...if you care honestly about reaching level 80...which....ugh..cant even be bothered

Record is 1-70 = 1 day, 19 hours and 39 minutes
    70-80 = 12 hours i think

2days 7.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Wow...congrats on wasting so much time. WoW obviously eats up ppls lives...if you care honestly about reaching level 80...which....ugh..cant even be bothered

Record is 1-70 = 1 day, 19 hours and 39 minutes
    70-80 = 12 hours i think

2days 7.5 hours

Wow congrats on not reading the OP's post properly.

12 days sounds about right, but it can be highly variable, some people spent ages leveling up professions, doing some PvP etc. etc, I wouldn't lay much importance on it tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I just had a huge LOL when i read this and then saw your sig saying you killed zombies for 14.6 hours in the past 2 weks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dcully wrote: »
    I just had a huge LOL when i read this and then saw your sig saying you killed zombies for 14.6 hours in the past 2 weks.
    definition of owned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I started on 7 Dec 08 and am only at l 64 with my hunter (admitedly I've got a druid,mage,pally and rogue to 11ish).

I don't see why I need to rush to the endgame which appears to be grinding the same stuff for new toys to equip. Personally I'm enjoying the content as much as I can.

Dcully wrote: »

I say, good shots that man!

Congratulations, you are the first ever recipient of my 'thanks' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

Dustaz wrote: »
    no idea the average time to level to 80, most people have been playing for a while so its hard to tell with that huge time spent at level cap :)

Afaik, BM is still by far and away the best raid spec, altho that could have changed since the patch. Check the wws link at the top of the forum, and armoury the hunters. They will all have the same spec and thats the one to take.

Is there any way to search the armory for a type of character so that i can check how the top warlocks are speced?

http://wowwebstats.com/?npc=16028

Thats WWS's patchwerk reports page. Check through the top few of them and armory the warlocks who perform well.

This guy seems to fit the bill although i spent about .5 seconds comparing dps so it might be worth a browse.

On the other hand you could just check the raid progression post on your servers realm forum, and armory the lock in the top guild :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

Dustaz wrote: »
    http://wowwebstats.com/?npc=16028

Thats WWS's patchwerk reports page. Check through the top few of them and armory the warlocks who perform well.

This guy seems to fit the bill although i spent about .5 seconds comparing dps so it might be worth a browse.

On the other hand you could just check the raid progression post on your servers realm forum, and armory the lock in the top guild :)

thanks, im only lvl 56 at the minute but just curious as to what the top locks look like. some of them look pretty awsome!

Advertisement