Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rashers is sick as a pig!..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

get well soon rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Thanks everyone!

I truly appreciate all of the good wishes, and some of the comments gave me a laugh... very therapeutic too. :)

Thanks to Mairt for letting you know why I had to be absent.

I was sick as a pig and had to stay in hospital, but now I'm back and ready to sizzle again...

.... so I'll just trot off now and see if I can root out something for the old Dublin pictures thread.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Welcome back Rashers.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Rashers wrote: »
    I was sick as a pig and had to stay in hospital, but now I'm back and ready to sizzle again...

.... so I'll just trot off now and see if I can root out something for the old Dublin pictures thread.;)
    Good to hear!

I will have to come and take a crack at some of the pictures in the Dublin Pictures thread even though I will probably embarrass myself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

good man rashers,welcome back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

He's cured, Welcome, back Rashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was away for a while and didnt notice rashers was back, great to see you again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

Hagar wrote: »
    He's cured, Welcome, back Rashers.

Groan.....
    :o

Hagar wrote: »
    He's cured.

laff-1.gif

Thanks Hagar.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EIRESABRE

Rashers, for the many times we traded stories of "Old Dubin", I thank you. I also thank you for your warmth and Dublin personality. I'm the one of Cluxton's name in Parnell Street. Although living in the U.S. for the past 33 years, it's stories like your's Rashers, that always kept the dream alive. Genuinely, I wish you nothing but the best for a speedy recovery. Is "Hospital Requests" still on the air? Probably not. If it was Rashers, I would ask them to play "Dublin in the Rare 'Old Times" just for you. As the phrase goes -- and it applies to you especially -- "Take a good look at me while you can, for the likes of me will never be seen again."

You are in my prayers Rashers.

God Bless you and thank you.
    Ted Gibbs

• Advertisement

Rashers, I am so sad that you are not doing so good, but as a true Dubliner, you know how to fight. I just want to thank you for all the stories we traded starting with Cluxton's, Parnell Street. Perhaps you will remember me from that. If Hospital Requests were still on the air, I would ask that they play, just for you, "Dublin in the Rare 'Old Times." Rashers, there is an old phrase that befits just you, "Take a good look at me while you can, for the likes of me will never be seen again."

May God Bless you Rashers, and to borrow a Bob Hope line, "Thanks for the memories."

Ted Gibbs
    Cape Cod, MA

Sorry Rasher, I haven't figured out yet how to use this system. Regardless, the words are still the same.

Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

EIRESABRE wrote: »
    Sorry Rasher, I haven't figured out yet how to use this system. Regardless, the words are still the same.

Ted

Jesus, I thought he was dead and I missed the wake!.

EIRESABRE wrote: »

Ted

Thanks Ted. I'll be in contact. Think I may have came across a photo of the old shop on Summerhill just before it was demolished... if I find it I'll mail it to you.

As I tell people, I come from the rotary dial telephone era and haven't budged much over the years. How are you doing? I got your message about the possible old photo of the shop in Summerhill. I would be very happy to see it when you have time. God Almighty, what's happened to the world Rashers? My question is simply this "Where is Moses when you need him?" I have a funny feeling he might be on the way as we truly need rescuing from all the ailments of this planet. I believe that somewhere out in outer space, there is a signpost for all aliens to read when approaching earth "Danger, Barbarians, Avoid at all costs." How I would love a stroll in Stephen's Green right now and a coffee at Bewleys. God Bless and hope to hear from you soon. Ted:D

Advertisement