Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July Intake

• 24-01-2009 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Im going to be lonely in here for a while...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Im going to be lonely in here for a while...

hey did u defer from the last campaign? and this is your start date?i had the impression that there where no intakes in july? although the more the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I thought you were defering to June??? Id love to get in July....5 days after my birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Maura, you def not going for June then? I thought also there was never a July intake? Did they tell you thats when you are in then after your deferral...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Well. I applied for a deferral until after my uni exams (finishing 12June)
    They rang me a few weeks ago to tell me my deferral was granted and I would be starting in June, that once they send my final offer letter in the post then that cant be changed. They also mentioned the SRD would probably fall 2 or 3 weeks prior to that but they hadnt set the exact date yet.

As the SRD is compulsary it seemed all too likely that it would fall during my exams. So I told her that and she agreed that it defeated the purpose of the deferal. She said there was a July intake and I agreed that would be a much better date. She said she would speak to her line manager and let me know.

So I got my final offer letter in the post yesterday for July!

So yea basically thats a long roundabout way of saying yes there is a july intake. Which is no doubt good news for those waiting for the call

ok cheers Maura for the heads up! That's definitley not the SRD for August though, they told you that is the actual start of training for July and there is an actual July intake as such!? Guys on here mentioned there's never an actual July intake, but who knows may be this is the first eh? Anyways well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JuiletBravo

hi peeps

i know this sounds like a stupid question but what is SRD???

Juilet bravo

Hi no bother,

it's the Student Registration Day! You attend this as an induction before your actual 1st training day...:)
    Teg

integra1 wrote: »
    Hi no bother,

it's the Student Registration Day! You attend this as an induction before your actual 1st training day...:)
    Teg

cheers mate so many abrevs i am constantly confused . so where are you in this fab process???

I missed missed March intake as vetting ongoing:mad:! Praying for an April offer!Everything else passed though....:) You?

Fab is a good way of describing this process!!

ok cheers Maura for the heads up! That's definitley not the SRD for August though, they told you that is the actual start of training for July and there is an actual July intake as such!? Guys on here mentioned there's never an actual July intake, but who knows may be this is the first eh? Anyways well done!

I know. I thought the same! Something about trainers holidays being in july or something. But no, it would def seem that the actually training starts on this date, rather than the SRD. Firstly as it falls on a sunday, like other training dates,and SRD's are usually mondays no? Secondly, as it it exactly 5weeks after the June intake (for which the SRD hasnt been decided yet, and Thirdly, because the letter I recieved says "has been granted, deferring your student officer training until July". No mention of SRD date yet, as I assume it hasnt been set

Next time im speaking to them ill ask though

• Advertisement

i think Fab is the last thing this process is but i am the eternal optmist..

I passed everything but failed my medical due to my BMI my rugby days have left me a bit hefty.. So doing PCA very soon so to be honest i really dont know where i stand in this cloak and dagger process. Have not heard about my vetting i sent it off early oct . Not sure who to call to find out about it recon it will be fine ..... Have read some stuff on the boards that suggest that certain merit number relate to cetrtain intake month ... But again i am unsure about the truth in this .

do you have any ideas as to when you may get a call

Well my vetting is away since mid september but was ongoing just after Christmas, I am hoping it will be passed in time for me to get a call for April hopefully, as higher merits than mine got in on March intake..but who knows?!!

When you expect to get a call? soon after PCA?

PS 90 650 222 and ask for Police vetting section if you want to check progress of vetting matey..

TEG

I know. I thought the same! Something about trainers holidays being in july or something. But no, it would def seem that the actually training starts on this date, rather than the SRD. Firstly as it falls on a sunday, like other training dates,and SRD's are usually mondays no? Secondly, as it it exactly 5weeks after the June intake (for which the SRD hasnt been decided yet, and Thirdly, because the letter I recieved says "has been granted, deferring your student officer training until July". No mention of SRD date yet, as I assume it hasnt been set

Next time im speaking to them ill ask though

Thanks Maura be good to know June SRD date..have you received your actual Pack yet with definitions etc to learn?

i have no idea i would love to get a call and have an intake in before the summer that would be my personal choice i think my merit no is ok 800 ± Rc but no idea about with similar numbers and if they are in or not .

Hope fully i will find out about the PCA very soon after i doubt they tell you then and there. I am sure some pen pusher will have that pleasure.. Whats your perculers if you dont mind me asking..

thank you for the number will call them tomorrow

JB

I am Non RC and merit below 175...so hoping for the best now! Want this job so much! its the only career I want to pursue!

i know what you mean...me too did the uni thing but could no settle in a job and had to do some thing that was not the norm. This is my 5th try previously never passed the first stage untill now and getting this far i will be dissapointed to say the least if it does not go my way. Will make this my last try to ..

Maura have you received your pack yet for new recruits as well as letter of offer?

Nope. Just a letter is all i have got

What does the pack contain? Would this be the sort of thing that would come with a SRD date?

Yes I beleive so Matey

Hows Maura Keeping in here??:D

• Advertisement

Lonely integra!! Any word of you joining me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Lonely integra!! Any word of you joining me?!

Poor Maura!! I'd gladly keep you company if they'd let me!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was Riverdance?!:D

Lord of the Dance was great! v.impressive. Nice weekend at home. Nearly crossed paths with penis eye and everything!! Now that would have just completed it...

Boards quiet tonite...:rolleyes:

Lord of the Dance was great! v.impressive. Nice weekend at home. Nearly crossed paths with penis eye and everything!! Now that would have just completed it...

Yeah half the boardsies seem to be on the March intake!!!
    Cue tumbleweed.... LOL

Glad you had good weekend at home, hopefully when you're home next time for a bit longer we'll get a wee bev together!! We have to toast your success chick!!!

You must be back to the grind for the pending exams - hope you do great, mind you with fab job in the bag you'll not need to worry too much but suspect you'll still want to do well!

Have applied again for C15, here we go (again!) LOL

Wish me luck!!!!:D

Cue tumbleweed.... LOL

Glad you had good weekend at home, hopefully when you're home next time for a bit longer we'll get a wee bev together!! We have to toast your success chick!!!

You must be back to the grind for the pending exams - hope you do great, mind you with fab job in the bag you'll not need to worry too much but suspect you'll still want to do well!

Yes well its definitely tempting to de-motivate myself with the final months of the degree. What saves me is the fact the course is relevant to policing. Some modules im doing at the min like Evidence keep me interested in the course - and i suspect ill use it in gv.

I wish you luck but i reckon you wont need it. you were very close this time next time round you'll be landed :D:D i'd bet my life on it! But i wont...just incase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Cue tumbleweed.... LOL

i was about to say 'what the hell you on about?!!?
    i hope you have better luck in c15

smyff wrote: »
    i was about to say 'what the hell you on about?!!?

i hope you have better luck in c15

Ta lyk!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

nearly. thank god. i was avoidin u!!! i pretended to be out of the country! hows ur umberella? ali told me there was a mishap with it:eek:

Penis Eye wrote: »
    nearly. thank god. i was avoidin u!!! i pretended to be out of the country! hows ur umberella? ali told me there was a mishap with it:eek:[/quote

I know it was pure embarrasin.im not lucky with brollys.... your daughter ate all the toast at mothers and toddlers today. just like her daddy

• Advertisement

I know it was pure embarrasin.im not lucky with brollys.... your daughter ate all the toast at mothers and toddlers today. just like her daddy

ill tell cb!

I am deferring to July!!! I will keep you company Mauara!!! Over the moon!!! Can hardly breathe here!!! Was offered April there now, got a missed call very recently and rang them back!!!

TEG

Good news!!!!!!:D So have they accepted ur deferral or do they still have to get back to you?

Getting married ,girl said should not be a problem posting form out today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

congratulations integra, a long drawn out process is finally at an end... you can relax now!!

yay!! not so lonely times anymore :) nice to hear it. time to plan and enjoy this wedding then!! good times

• Advertisement

I said well done on the april post, but ill say it again- well done soooooooooooooo pleased:D:D

Thanks guys, keep at it is all I can say to those in C15 again! its worth that call I can tell ya! speechless here! thanks PYG, Penis Eye and Maura!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Thanks guys, keep at it is all I can say to those in C15 again! its worth that call I can tell ya! speechless here! thanks PYG, Penis Eye and Maura!

congrats big man, delighted for ya:) it looks like you and maura have further company, i dont think they're goin to let me go in on may because of my personal circumstances regarding the op, so its going to have to be july:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Well done mate. The nightmare wait is finally over for you! Im sure you are over the moon:D

Thanks Given1 and CPN, the nightmare is hopefully over! Indian tonight and a few scoops me thinks!

Given I was thinking about you if you could of been in July too, how weird, that be excellent mate! strange.....

• Advertisement

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Think that about covers it.:P

PINT!!!!!!!!!! Given, you in?;)

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Think that about covers it.:P

PINT!!!!!!!!!! Given, you in?;)

WoooHooo flipping Hoooooo!!!!! Thanks MGH!!;)

I want to see MGH & PYG singing too soon! Will keep watching boards til that day!!!

so we have a potential 3 in here... definitely better than one - i had some lonely times in here over the past few weeks. I wonder when our packs will be sent out

so we have a potential 3 in here... definitely better than one - i had some lonely times in here over the past few weeks. I wonder when our packs will be sent out

I have never done a 3 some lol but it is literally just the ''Three'' of us so far!!! lol:D

u should all start a facebook group for chattin to each other! we have one for the april intake and its great for gettin to no each other and help each other out!

You lucky swines are going in not long after my birthday:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

not the best bit of info to disclose if the sites are monitored by the psni and other assholes

yeah we now no pygs exact date of birth! lol im gonna google all babies born 19 years ago. there cant be that many! :D

I have edited it now. :p

But now you know my DoB I will be expecting a card and pressy!!:p:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement