Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July Intake

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Delta2783 wrote: »
    Hey guys is anyone else having a hard time learning all this stuff off by heart? Im only going to concentrate on the PCR and CJS stuff for now. As long as i know them i reckon i should be fine? What you think?

Good to see ya back mate - good hols? Yeah it's hard taking all in I'd do what you can! ;) Happy days you're in my class too and the Surf, should be good banter! See you very soon!:eek:

Ooops, I am running with Given in 15 mins I better beat it off here! Later dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

integra1 wrote: »
    Good to see ya back mate - good hols? Yeah it's hard taking all in I'd do what you can! ;) Happy days you're in my class too and the Surf, should be good banter! See you very soon!:eek:

Holiday was great, will be able to show you all a few pics when i get them developed. Cant wait to get started as well. At least i know 20% of the class already which is a good thing, you, me, surf and maura!

Holiday was great, will be able to show you all a few pics when i get them developed. Cant wait to get started as well. At least i know 20% of the class already which is a good thing, you, me, surf and maura!

Yes 20% indeed, Maura too that's right! Think Given is going to give you a shout about meeting up again, we were discussing it there whilst running..cheers lad;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You know 20% of your class just because of boards? Did I read that right?

You did indeed mate....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

psni wrote: »

Board Domination!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

psni wrote: »

Haha. I sorta felt a bit sorry for the non boardies. Induction day was much more fun hangin wit da boardies. We were Kool and la Gang. With a little bit of detective work all were identified by the end of the day...so hard using proper names tho. isnt that right given1????:D:D

Hey chickadee. A few? pics. ill be pencilling in a few hours for a slide show. Great to have you back safe and sound. Cant wait to see you all again...Bring.It.On...With the August calls coming in it just brings it all back how exciting it is..

At last, think I have almost everything for start date! Have spent a bomb, so much stuff!! Got myslef a big Sac!!!!:D;)

At last, think I have almost everything for start date! Have spent a bomb, so much stuff!! Got myslef a big Sac!!!!:D;)

Too easy teg. I know. I spent a fortune. But I is professional shopper. When can we wear our new dresses an killer heels?????

• Advertisement

Too easy teg. I know. I spent a fortune. But I is professional shopper. When can we wear our new dresses an killer heels?????

I don't make a habit of dressing in women's clothes tbh!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

I don't make a habit of dressing in women's clothes tbh!!!!:D
    only on a wednesday! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Haha. I sorta felt a bit sorry for the non boardies. Induction day was much more fun hangin wit da boardies. We were Kool and la Gang. With a little bit of detective work all were identified by the end of the day...so hard using proper names tho. isnt that right given1????:D:D

haha indeed rosco, it was at times difficult and emmm embarrasing but we sussed it:pac:, lol are detective work isnt finished yet tho:D;)

p.s ill send ya txt later

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Good luck to all of the new greens.

All the blues are on leave now until next week, I will be sure to say hello when I get back.

Still cant believe I am going to be a Constable next week!!!!!. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

All the blues are on leave now until next week, I will be sure to say hello when I get back.

Ul be great my little name sharer!:D

Cheers PC in waiting I really hope to be in your shoes soon mate, love to be saying that! ;)

Guys are you lot printing off the handbook and bringing it too or just the workbook and defs? Cheers Teg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Guys are you lot printing off the handbook and bringing it too or just the workbook and defs? Cheers Teg

Hey matey, i have printed everything off but only taking the workbook in with me. Look foward to seeing everyone soon btw! We are gonna be peelers!!!!!!!

Hey matey, i have printed everything off but only taking the workbook in with me. Look foward to seeing everyone soon btw! We are gonna be peelers!!!!!!!

I sure hope we are! :D:D;) All the very best everyone! Will try and pop in now and again! So long!:D:eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Good luck to the new greens. The first day can be a bit of a mind-melter, but the diversity stuff's a good way to get to know your squadmates. Enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

good luck everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

hey just thought i would come in and throw in a quick comment, luved it had the best week ever,starting to feel depressed that im even home lol:eek: cant wait til next month to meet the new squad coming through! it can be hard but stick at it, i had my ups and downs and wanted to leave at one stage but you'l never meet a better group, who picked me up and kept me going, ask the boardsies! away to do sme pre reads... washing....chineese and a few beers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

I cant believe some posters will end up lecturing me about driving tooooo fast in a couple of years. :(

given1 wrote: »
    hey just thought i would come in and throw in a quick comment, luved it had the best week ever,starting to feel depressed that im even home lol:eek: cant wait til next month to meet the new squad coming through! it can be hard but stick at it, i had my ups and downs and wanted to leave at one stage but you'l never meet a better group, who picked me up and kept me going, ask the boardsies! away to do sme pre reads... washing....chineese and a few beers:D

Hey man,

So no regrets then? Is it really good? Hows the hat on your hair? LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Good lad ! First week over. If you get past that you will do fine. It's the sudden shock of being away from home, detailed when to eat sleep and poo lol. Listen, when your in Gv, you will constantly be built up, then brought back down with things like, O, if you don't do this or do that, your fired ! Honestly the place is a real mind training exercise. You will learn alot of legislation, but it's turning it into practise that is the trick. Thing is, you won't learn Police craft for real until your out in the field. The practicals are nerve wrecking at first, but honestly you will get used to them. Relax and enjoy it mate, your getting paid hansomely for being at school. Obey the rules, play the game, do your pre reads, keep yourself pristine, remember your 'sir' and 'madammes', learn your defs, do not be afraid to ask questions.

Anyways, I have wine and pizza waiting here mate. Weekends are sooooooo precious now. I'll be in Gv next week at some stage. I'll look out for ya.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Good lad ! First week over. If you get past that you will do fine. It's the sudden shock of being away from home, detailed when to eat sleep and poo lol. Listen, when your in Gv, you will constantly be built up, then brought back down with things like, O, if you don't do this or do that, your fired ! Honestly the place is a real mind training exercise. You will learn alot of legislation, but it's turning it into practise that is the trick. Thing is, you won't learn Police craft for real until your out in the field. The practicals are nerve wrecking at first, but honestly you will get used to them. Relax and enjoy it mate, your getting paid hansomely for being at school. Obey the rules, play the game, do your pre reads, keep yourself pristine, remember your 'sir' and 'madammes', learn your defs, do not be afraid to ask questions.

Anyways, I have wine and pizza waiting here mate. Weekends are sooooooo precious now. I'll be in Gv next week at some stage. I'll look out for ya.

A

NB Its Ma'am for female officers at rank of Inspector and above.

Yeah I was thinking that myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

wHOOPS, well i have had a bottle in me by now, Just cracking the second. yum yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

keep those first week survival tips coming july boardies! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hi Given

So good to hear someone so enthusiastic about it - and I'm trying to prepare myself for the wanting to leave part that almost everyone I speak to seems to have gone through. Hope it gets better and better for you :)

MBC x

P.S. Any tips always welcome...

Advertisement