Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July Intake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

haha sure you can post your address while your at it ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

12 Letsbe Avenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I wonder will Sir Carlty and Squirell be online this weekend, see how their first week went? A lot has happened in their absence!!!!:):D;)

Got the call 'again' lol...To say deferral has been granted....Yesss!!! Get in there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

YAY!!!!!!!!!:D

integra1 wrote: »
    Got the call 'again' lol...To say deferral has been granted....Yesss!!! Get in there!!!!

Call horder!! Some of us cant even manage to get 1 call never mind blooming 2!!

You know im well chuffed for you:D

Call horder!! Some of us cant even manage to get 1 call never mind blooming 2!!

You know im well chuffed for you:D

Thanks you guys,just sinking in I'm gonna be a three wheeler!!!!:D;):):eek:

Very good Teg,

*cockney London accent* - free wheela= Peela (peeler/cop)

Bugger off.

Sincerely yours,

Not jealous in the slightest MGH:D
    x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Think that about covers it.:P

PINT!!!!!!!!!! Given, you in?;)

yep definatley!!! any plans for it to be soon?:D

I have never done a 3 some lol but it is literally just the ''Three'' of us so far!!! lol:D

:eek:;) lol

given1 wrote: »
    :eek:;) lol

I'm sure the lovely newly passed out Mr Anderson will join us as will PYG and maybe we can convince the elusive JVB to join in. Maura should be home soon too, I will check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

yeah where did Mr JVB go?

yeah where did Mr JVB go?

He disappeared into the Bermuda Trangle that is Camp Garnerville!!!
    Above us mere mortals now...:(

Yeah be good to meet fellow July trainees ie Maura and see the HUNGRY Given again! What we would have done for a kebab the last time at MGHs house Eh given??;) Be good to catch up with MGH and our Modest Moderator too!!!:D

• Advertisement

Yeah be good to meet fellow July trainees ie Maura and see the HUNGRY Given again! What we would have done for a kebab the last time at MGHs house Eh given??;) Be good to catch up with MGH and our Modest Moderator too!!!:D

They had to give me a promotion due to the fact I aint seeing GV anytime soon.;):(:D.

I was hungry too that night. I mean like what to you have to do to get food in the City???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Came home a bit earlier MGH so been back on the emerald isle over a week now. Definitely up for meeting my intake buddies and others. everyone is welcome!!

Lost my phone by the way so will need to get numbers of anyones i had :( Bad times...

lolol teg that was a joke that night for food, yous laughed at me when i said the dublin road for the 24 hour subway... i hope yas regret it now:)

i think thats all we talked about that night, lol i still member you saying i have to try a kebab shop in dunmurray:D

Yes mate you do, may be whilst on patrol we could nip over one night lol!!

Now that would be cool! Kebab Patrol lol!

aahahhaa. you know the drill haha. big dirty kee bab

• Advertisement

Yes mate you do, may be whilst on patrol we could nip over one night lol!!

Now that would be cool! Kebab Patrol lol!

lol would make being on the beat all that much better:D

p.s ill reply to your p.m later just hadnt had much of a chance, sry m8t.

no problem thought you had forgotten me. flip thats a while ago now since I sent it lol

later matey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

He disappeared into the Bermuda Trangle that is Camp Garnerville!!!
    Above us mere mortals now...:(

JVB is in his hectic weeks, you'll find out you'll have to sacrifice the boards for garnerville when you get in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Hi folks. I will be joining you all in July. Got my deferral granted.:D

surfrunner wrote: »

Glad to hear it!! Bet your happy. its nice to have a date to plan around. I like the way this room is filling up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

surfrunner wrote: »

don't suppose you'd be able to share the reason as to why you got a deferral would you? will understand if you can't.
    Also how long did they take to decide? Sorry for being so nosey

Welcome surfrunner to the best intake!:D 4 of us now, Maura,Teg,Given and the Surf!!!:)

Welcome surfrunner to the best intake!:D 4 of us now, Maura,Teg,Given and the Surf!!!:)

the squads picking up rightly, cant wait:D

given1 wrote: »
    the squads picking up rightly, cant wait:D
    funny thing is the calls havent even went out and your already growing hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Welcome surfrunner to the best intake apart from the May intake!:D 4 of us now, Maura,Teg,Given and the Surf!!!:)

Why thanks Integra! :p

• Advertisement

Now now behave yourself July is best end of lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

how long did it take u guys between your med pass and getting the call? dont really wanna scud myself but its hard to not think ahead as far as a start date would be if i passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

bc84 wrote: »
    how long did it take u guys between your med pass and getting the call? dont really wanna scud myself but its hard to not think ahead as far as a start date would be if i passed

Was about 5 months for me (May Intake), but it all depends on your merit score, medical pass, SMT pass, vetting being clear and religious background.

Im thinking the same although im vetting cleared just need the medical knod! There was a guy who had his med on the monday and got the call on the tuesday, but that was before the drugs testing so I guess 2 weeks could be the earliest you could get the call. I hope that happens for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

I had the medical six months ago now. Found out I had passed early December. Just waiting on vetting. That word is becoming more and more disturbing by the day. I would hazzard a guess that timescales vary quite a bit for individuals.

Im thinking the same although im vetting cleared just need the medical knod! There was a guy who had his med on the monday and got the call on the tuesday, but that was before the drugs testing so I guess 2 weeks could be the earliest you could get the call. I hope that happens for me!

we'll get there in the end ;)

I found out passed medical end of October, then got the call just over 4 months later! Vetting does play a very significant role in holding things up as Squirell had a very similar merit number to me and she got in for March with her vetting passed quicker than mine and then I got offered an April start date....

so if we're vetting cleared and pass the med there shouldnt be too much of a wait?

its an unpredictable process. My medical was October, call was late november (i think) and vetting passed sometime in between. Which I was very suprised at seeing ive a family of 9 who all have lived at various locations overseas and abroad...I guess its luck of the draw (to some degree) in when they get round to dealing with your vetting.

Id imagine the July intake could see in a few with very good merit scores, whose vetting has held them up to date. Seeing there is no June intake there could be a few months of a break to see a vetting backlog clear...Possibly :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NICS2009

have been checkin thru the boards for a couple of weeks now. have been waitin for my call for bout 6 months and it came bout a month ago. total weight off my shoulders. 1st time applying and just thought i would give it a go as i am currently in a bit of a dead end job. can't wait to get started. was originally meant to go in May but deferred til July cos of a holiday. hopefully this board will fill up soon enough. if im not mistaken there are 5 of us now. anyone know which squad colour we will be?

NICS2009 wrote: »
    have been checkin thru the boards for a couple of weeks now. have been waitin for my call for bout 6 months and it came bout a month ago. total weight off my shoulders. 1st time applying and just thought i would give it a go as i am currently in a bit of a dead end job. can't wait to get started. was originally meant to go in May but deferred til July cos of a holiday. hopefully this board will fill up soon enough. if im not mistaken there are 5 of us now. anyone know which squad colour we will be?

Hey! welcome! so have you got your deferral granted and everything? Im sure this room will fill up rightly in the next few months :)

Welcome from your fellow deferrals! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

NICS2009 wrote: »

Well new reds started the other week, may will be yellow, is there an intake in june? If there is you'll be the new blues, if there isnt one in june you'll be the new greens. There is an intake missed out somewhere so if you have a date for july im guessing its june. This has probably been cleared up somewhere else but oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NICS2009

Yeah, deferral has been granted and all. do we receive a new welcome pack before July or do we just have to make do with the one we have for May? all i seem to do is ask questions.lol

BoutYe wrote: »
    Well new reds started the other week, may will be yellow, is there an intake in june? If there is you'll be the new blues, if there isnt one in june you'll be the new greens. There is an intake missed out somewhere so if you have a date for july im guessing its june. This has probably been cleared up somewhere else but oh well.

Me and PYG have discussed this ( yes we're THAT sad ) theres no June intake and because of the way the five weeks between intakes works there's also likely to be no intake in September.

• Advertisement

Fellow Julyians, we must be heading into one hell of a pressurised environment as there hasn't been a peep out of Cartly and Squirrel on here since early March!!!:eek: Still can't wait but to get started!:)

Fellow Julyians, we must be heading into one hell of a pressurised environment as there hasn't been a peep out of Cartly and Squirrel on here since early March!!!:eek: Still can't wait but to get started!:)

lol was just thinking that to m8t, looks like we'l be in for one hell of a time:cool:

p.s one scoop on saturday?;)

Sorry can't now so much on this weekend. will have to be another Saturday soon mate.

When can us July guys expect to hear from PSNI again re SID and start date etc? I assume they will be in touch again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement