Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July Intake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

anyone get the call today? usually go out the day hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Copper2009

Hey guys, has anyone who has deferred phoned with car reg details etc for the SID yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

i got the call today. Yeha

belfastard wrote: »
    wooooo congrats!!! im sure youre loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Really? Or is this a wind up?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

:eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

Hmmm, is this for real? There just seems to be something not quite believable re that post. I could be wrong.

Hmmm, is this for real? There just seems to be something not quite believable re that post. I could be wrong.

Like the lack of enthusiasm maybe?
    Seriously, someone gets the call and the best they can muster is a yeha.
    Hmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Like the lack of enthusiasm maybe?
    Seriously, someone gets the call and the best they can muster is a yeha.
    Hmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Hit the nail right on the head there MGH;) Why post that anyways? Slightly annoying.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

yeah it did seem slightly meh for such good news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

Hit the nail right on the head there MGH;) Why post that anyways? Slightly annoying.:mad:

Are you nuts? What where you expecting of me.i got the call today and was told i had to go up for an induction which was totally necessary i attend.i think they said early july.im out on a stag at the minute and using my phone as internet access that was why the message was short.so cheer up mgh and louisana keep it positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Probably true guys. I got a message from ext appts. to discuss job application. Even though I got a deferral they probably want to double check my position before they make other calls. Looks like tomorrow maybe a good news day for some boardies!!:)

Are you nuts? What where you expecting of me.i got the call today and was told i had to go up on which was totally necessary i attend.i think they said 6th.im out on a stag at the minute and using my phone.so cheer up mgh and louisana keep is positive

Apologies;) Big congrats to you, glad to hear some more boardies are goin through. Thanks for the chin up especially since i doubted your initial post. Well done belfastard

surfrunner wrote: »
    Probably true guys. I got a message from ext appts. to discuss job application. Even though I got a deferral they probably want to double check my position before they make other calls. Looks like tomorrow maybe a good news day for some boardies!!:)

Nice one surfrunner well done;), bet you can't wait to speak to them!! If you don't mind me askng what time was the message left??

About 4ish

nice one surfrunner and belfastard, well chuffed for you two :D

I have known from mid march that I was on the July intake. I got a deferral. I missed their call today and have to ring them back in the morning. I'm hoping its to doublecheck my position. Either that or they have made a huge mistake and they dont want me anymore:o...

Well done belfastard!!! Lets hope more calls tomorrow!!:D

Well done belfastard!!! Lets hope more calls tomorrow!!:D

Yes indeed, i firmly second that PYG!!!!!:D

times 3 on that ^^^

• Advertisement

I think id actually pish myself if I were to get the call!!!

Belfastard is high 500s and there are people with better merits than him, so I wonder is vetting and issue with them, or is it alphabetical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Belfastard is high 500s and there are people with better merits than him, so I wonder is vetting and issue with them, or is it alphabetical?

Say for example, and this is totally a hypothetical question, that they rang your home number...would they always leave a message?

but he's rc so does that not make sense as far as merit numbers go with the 50/50? it melts my head thinking about it lol

Say for example, and this is totally a hypothetical question, that they rang your home number...would they always leave a message?

OMG

you are soooooo on.

Really dont know chickadee. Think they tend to always ring mobile. Prob dont like ringing house number because or security reasons, ie not wanting housemates getting the voicemail or answering etc etc!

OMG

you are soooooo on.

Soooooooooo IN perhaps!- That also!!;):D

C'mon RPC!!!!!!!!

OMG

you are soooooo on.

Got a call from a witheld number at approx 11.08.20 GMT but no message...:(:(:(:(..Could have been a stalker or anything...

bc84 wrote: »
    but he's rc so does that not make sense as far as merit numbers go with the 50/50? it melts my head thinking about it lol

Its well within RC numbers, I just meant there are RCs <570-590s that are still waiting.

Lets hope tomorrow sees non-rcs 310s-370s getting a wee buzz!!

I cant remember giving them my mobile as I dont even know it. I should really be blonde. (Sorry MGH) . Plus my home number is ex directory.

• Advertisement

Soooooooooo IN perhaps!- That also!!;):D

C'mon RPC!!!!!!!!

No I meant ON

Got a call from a witheld number at approx 11.08.20 GMT but no message...:(:(:(:(..Could have been a stalker or anything...

That was me trying to arrange lunch!!!

No I meant ON

Ok have it your way. LOL;):D

Im free tomorrow....

Im free tomorrow....

Sorry love, working!! Sunday?

Suziesaysso is on........good news is it missy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

i bloody wish!! you would have heard all about it by now if there was!!

ARRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

i will be certifiably insane very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

Good luck Rosco, im sure you will get the call!!

And to everyone else waiting on the call!!

FM

faceman08 wrote: »
    Good luck Rosco, im sure you will get the call!!

And to everyone else waiting on the call!!

FM

Oh god. That made me spring a leak...Thats it Im pulling a sickie tomorrow and spending the day looking wistfully at the house phone...Ill be raging if it was someone trying to sell me double glazing...

Oh god. That made me spring a leak...Thats it Im pulling a sickie tomorrow and spending the day looking wistfully at the house phone...Ill be raging if it was someone trying to sell me double glazing...

Everything makes you spring a leak.
    You better toughen up for the drill sarge laydee!!!!!

Left Wheel.....:p

Everything makes you spring a leak.
    You better toughen up for the drill sarge laydee!!!!!

Left Wheel.....:p

Swear to god. Have a big lump in my throat. Cant swallow the vino..Yep you read it right. Things is bad gal. Things is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

this is what the process is reducing us to! tears and alcohol!!!

i bloody wish!! you would have heard all about it by now if there was!!

ARRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

i will be certifiably insane very soon.

jeez if you havnt heard then theres no hope for us :(

Swear to god. Have a big lump in my throat. Cant swallow the vino..Yep you read it right. Things is bad gal. Things is bad.

Just about to swallow the last.....gulp of wine.
    OMFG
    What is Pete Burns not like on BBBM. He used to be hot. He could spin me right round baby right round like a record. Used to lurve him. I'm sooo old.

I think this thread will be buzzing tomorrow so I will vacate it with my bB nonsense and catch you all on the morrow!

The process? What process? Its just a norm...Oh yes the process..ahem. yes I totally agree. Look at what it has reduced me to...

i agree. im an alcoholic emotional mess now. whereas before i was just an alcoholic mess

Just about to swallow the last.....gulp of wine.
    OMFG
    What is Pete Burns not like on BBBM. He used to be hot. He could spin me right round baby right round like a record. Used to lurve him. I'm sooo old.

I think this thread will be buzzing tomorrow so I will vacate it with my bB nonsense and catch you all on the morrow!

Nightie night. Ill be waiting. By the phone. All day. Tomorrow. like a saddo..

i agree. im an alcoholic emotional mess now. whereas before i was just an alcoholic mess

See you say that like its a bad thing.

im quite proud of my alcoholism

instant idiot, just add buckfast :D

im quite proud of my alcoholism

instant idiot, just add buckfast :D
    hahahahhahaa. steamin.
    i bet you all the shrapnel in my pocket... that your in work today...

i hope ye get the call so you can go out n get smashed and have a valid excuse hahaha. all this vine o and all. right, better be off to work hi

workin a spliiit shift so ill see if more get zed call!

I rang appts back this morning and as expected they just wanted to confirm that my details hadnt changed and I am still on for July. Phew!!!

Looks like the calls are going out guys.

Good luck to one and all!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement