Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

good luck guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Oh my god. I cant breathe. Get me through this day...Good luck everyone...

if your all clear rosco you must be due a call, belfastard has a worse merit number and he's in. keeping my fingers crossed for you here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

bc84 wrote: »
    if your all clear rosco you must be due a call, belfastard has a worse merit number and he's in. keeping my fingers crossed for you here :D
    i wouldnt say worse boss, id say lower. you done worse than those above you :rolleyes:

smyff wrote: »
    i wouldnt say worse boss, id say lower. you done worse than those above you :rolleyes:

3.15pm, friday afternoon, head just exploded thinking about that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

nothing worse about my merit number pal.....im gonna be a cop!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

belfastard wrote: »

Congrats Belfastard :)

And the comment about your merit number, although I'm sure meant in the nicest possible way, is one of the main reasons I won't be posting my approx merit number from C14 or C15 if I pass the a/c :p

Well done again!

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Delta2783 wrote: »
    ?

What?

• Advertisement

oh for the love of fook, everyone knows exactly how i meant it

Exactly. I know where youre comin from skin... And congrats belfastard. Really well done. The waiting is over for you and I'm sure youre over the moon. Excuse all our frazzled nerves in here....

i have officially coasted through my steely resilience and im now at the grrrr i hate this process stage once more

?

Excuusssssseeeee meee. Please sir. I am not understanding this post please. Elaboration required...:confused:

3.15pm, friday afternoon, head just exploded thinking about that :confused:
    i mean you did worse than people in the 200s lol. why is everyone getting so worked up about everything these days. its all the warm weather, everyone needs to sit down and have a nice big pint of water.

everyone in the merit list meets the required standard.

ps, its a friday night, and my head is mashed. cant even drink :@ gotta taxi my bro home from el town!

Ok, lets clear this up.

bc84 used the word 'worse', not in a nasty way, what he meant was lower (not a good of a score) as the likes of RPC. He was meaning that if Belfastard got the call then people with a higher (better) score were sure to get the call.

It was an honest wrong wording from him and not meant to offend anyone especially not Belfastard.

Lets leave it at that.

I will apologise on everyones behalf if there has been any hard feelings or confusion.

Now let the waiting commence!

• Advertisement

Good woman. Its understandably very frought in here. But I know bc had no malicious intent in his statement m'lud...Its a wonder it wasnt MY big gub. I normally open mouth, insert fut, etc...The waiting is a tough call and for those that leave the waiting room its great. Just wish it were all of us really. But then there'd be no boards...

thats how i feel pyg.

i am better than you height wise

ok, i still dont get what the issue is with me saying worse. someone further down the merit pool has a worse score than someone higher. anyone who found that genuinely offensive needs a thicker skin im afraid.

anyway....moving on swiftly

Ok, lets clear this up.

bc84 used the word 'worse', not in a nasty way, what he meant was lower (not a good of a score) as the likes of RPC. He was meaning that if Belfastard got the call then people with a higher (better) score were sure to get the call.

It was an honest wrong wording from him and not meant to offend anyone especially not Belfastard.

Lets leave it at that.

I will apologise on everyones behalf if there has been any hard feelings or confusion.

Now let the waiting commence!

lol im only pulling his wire.....do you really think i give a flying one about what some one writes on a board..role on july......'yeha'

does anyone have an idea of when that info pack would be getting sent out for the july intake? i was pretty worse for wear when the girl phoned me...

• Advertisement

haha i'd say your probably the first boardy who's been rubbered when they got the call.

congrats again anyway dude :D
    lol im only pulling his wire.....

let me be the first to say erm.....im not really sure what to say lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

got the call today to confirm im definatley starting july:) had deferred til july but my vetting expired early next month so they revetted me, was a bit up in arms when i would start and it came through today..... cant wait:D

congrats belfastard and cooper, hpefully theres more to join us:D

given1 wrote: »
    got the call today to confirm im definatley starting july:) had deferred til july but my vetting expired early next month so they revetted me, was a bit up in arms when i would start and it came through today..... cant wait:D

congrats belfastard and cooper, hpefully theres more to join us:D

well done man, you truly are the king of waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

well done man, you truly are the king of waiting!

lol you actually get used to it.....2 years not that much:p:D

gona send ya a pm m8t here

Sorry guys meant to post this earlier in the "Im in" thread. I got the call on Thursday! I CANT BELIEVE IT! I thought my vetting was never gonna clear and decided to give the boards and calling vetting a rest for a while, then BANG! just like that. I nearly crapped myself when she asked has there been any change in personal circumstances!! Then she said "We have a place for you" i nearly pished myself!!!! and im a fella so thats how excited i was! Still cant believe im actually getting to post this! COME ON JULY!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

Sorry guys meant to post this earlier in the "Im in" thread. I got the call on Thursday! I CANT BELIEVE IT! I thought my vetting was never gonna clear and decided to give the boards and calling vetting a rest for a while, then BANG! just like that. I nearly crapped myself when she asked has there been any change in personal circumstances!! Then she said "We have a place for you" i nearly pished myself!!!! and im a fella so thats how excited i was! Still cant believe im actually getting to post this! COME ON JULY!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!
    congrats im sure youll be buzzin all month haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Fantastic news!!
    Well done and the very best of luck!:D
    (you're gonna need it being in a squad with Given and Teg....lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

does anyone have an idea of when that info pack would be getting sent out for the july intake? i was pretty worse for wear when the girl phoned me...

The info pack will arrive middle of next week. Enjoy the read:)

Whooooooooo hooooo. Well done!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congrats Delta2783.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the congrats guys. This is what I have wanted to do for forever! And at the ripe old age of 20! What better age to start at! Cant wait to the SID now. Gonna go on a blow out holiday as well and finish work in the next couple of weeks to start getting the fitness levels up. I can currently do about 3.5mile in about 30 mins so am hoping this is a reasonable level to start at?

Thanks for the congrats guys. This is what I have wanted to do for forever! And at the ripe old age of 20! What better age to start at! Cant wait to the SID now. Gonna go on a blow out holiday as well and finish work in the next couple of weeks to start getting the fitness levels up. I can currently do about 3.5mile in about 30 mins so am hoping this is a reasonable level to start at?

Awh you're the same age as me and Smyff,....... well we are turning 20!!

Can I go on holiday as well, please? You cant say no to the moderator!! LOL

Well done again, you have a great merit score and deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Well folks,

just back from honeymoon and my phone has been of most of the week, including my voicemail turned off! I want to know if PSNI are giving follow up calls now for those who have deferred to July as I may have got a call again and not known about it...wonder should I ring and check as I want the go ahead to hand my notice in next week anyways to my current employer!

Anyone keep me right please??

Cheers Teg;):D

integra1 wrote: »
    Well folks,

just back from honeymoon and my phone has been of most of the week, including my voicemail turned off! I want to know if PSNI are giving follow up calls now for those who have deferred to July as I may have got a call again and not known about it...wonder should I ring and check as I want the go ahead to hand my notice in next week anyways to my current employer!

Anyone keep me right please??

Cheers Teg;):D

Hey you!!

How was the Honeymoon?

Yeah Surfrunner deferred to July and he got a 'follow up' call on thursday past. Maybe worth giving them a ring just to be sure.

Welcome back Teg!!!

Thanks PYG, unbeleiveable thanks. will fill you in more when I see you or via PM. that's great I will prob ring them tomor then see what's happening. Well done BC84 and Delta then I see!!:D Such a relief I'm sure!

Thanks PYG, unbeleiveable thanks. will fill you in more when I see you or via PM. that's great I will prob ring them tomor then see what's happening. Well done BC84 and Delta then I see!!:D Such a relief I'm sure!

Glad you had a blast. Yeah give them a wee buzz tomorrow and see.

PS- t'was Belfastard and Delta, not bc84. ;)

any idea what date we start. Was maybe gonna phone tomorrow but sure that info pack arrives during the week. Feel free to pm the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Good luck to all who are waiting on 'THE CALL'

surfrunner wrote: »
    Good luck to all who are waiting on 'THE CALL'

Thanks, though cant see it coming my way.

Ive said it before and Il say it again- "appointments.....Im free for July, gimme a call!!"

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement

Awh you're the same age as me and Smyff,....... well we are turning 20!!

Can I go on holiday as well, please? You cant say no to the moderator!! LOL

Well done again, you have a great merit score and deserve it.

Of course you can come on holiday with me! Im heading to the west coast of the USA! Guys i would not give up on july just yet for people who havent got calls. A little birdie told me that there may be two sets of calls going out due to vetting etc taking so long. This process never ceases to amaze me! lol

any idea what date we start. Was maybe gonna phone tomorrow but sure that info pack arrives during the week. Feel free to pm the date.

They should have told you when you got the call?? They told me. PM me if you want the start date. Dont wanna put it up for security reasont.

Of course you can come on holiday with me! Im heading to the west coast of the USA! Guys i would not give up on july just yet for people who havent got calls. A little birdie told me that there may be two sets of calls going out due to vetting etc taking so long. This process never ceases to amaze me! lol

Thats a deal then, you are paying of course. Gotta treat a lady right you know!! LOL. L.A? PM me with the dates etc so I can book off time at work:)

They should have told you when you got the call?? They told me. PM me if you want the start date. Dont wanna put it up for security reasont.

They did tell me.but they hit me with a bit of information when i was half cut and also unexpecting any call. Its ok though got a reply there. Really looking forward to this now.i guess its starting to settle in now :-)

Rang there, letters coming Tues/Wed, mine on route also!:D

Yipeeee! Time has flown in since original April start date offer! madness! Really excited now! Come on PYG you know you want in with my squad-hurry!;)

Rang there, letters coming Tues/Wed, mine on route also!:D

Yipeeee! Time has flown in since original April start date offer! madness! Really excited now! Come on PYG you know you want in with my squad-hurry!;)

I wanna be in your squad, your squad, your squad!!! Maybe you could ring them and tell them about this really smashing wee girl that you know who is just waiting on the call, medical and vetting clear and available for July!!

You are sooooo lucky. I bet all the july calls are finished, knowing my luck!!

• Advertisement

july calls are well over i'd say chum :(

july calls are well over i'd say chum :(

Just need to stay positive. Im sure alot more than one or two from the forum would have had the call. So possibly not all over yet. I was looking back the the May calls, and there was 3 weeks between people getting the call, el nino was a late addition to the May intake

ah right! well all is not lost for us then. saying that, it makes no odds to me now unless they call me tomorrow between 9am and 1pm, so i dont have to go to this damn assessment centre.

TOWNBOSS- any news?

Got my induction pack today! Anyone else?:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement