Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

all the best dude, hope it goes well for you. as pyg says, hopefully be seeing you in august. i need to be seeing you lot in august as my job is driving me insane, debating tesco nightshift in the meantime its that bad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

oooohhh are tescos recruiting? where? spill the beans! i cannot stick my job anymore either!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Dont tempt me bc!!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Cant believe you are only catching on now!:eek:

Agreed. It's not like we've ever made a secret of it either. It's been mentioned and warned about loads of times.

what is it that you spy on exactly?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

bc84 wrote: »
    what is it that you spy on exactly?

When I said "we" I meant the forum moderators. I didn't mean "we" as in the PSNI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

See a few of you guys this week then on our pre induction night out! should be good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 only1kingEric

I'm in a bit of a predicament!!.
    Bloody car gave in today, going to be a pain now to get a car organised in time for the july SRD.
    Can any1 tell me how long before the day do we have to call in with the car reg cos i obviously now dont know what the reg of the car i will be driving will be!!!
    plus is every1 bringing family???
    mine all live across the pond and my fiancee is finding it tough getting it off work. Is in 100% necessary to bring family???
    plus if it works out that she cant make it, do i still have to stay and be the loner with no mates walking around on my own till 9pm????
    or can i just go on home???
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    BAD DAY!!!!

They like to have everything ready by lunchtime, but you are free to arrive in a taxi and you will be allowed access - obviously the taxi won't.

It's not necessary to bring anyone. Plenty arrive on their own.

Once your briefings are finished, you are free to leave. People only go back to the canteen area to meet up with their families and chat to the trainers.

Keep the head on mate. This is nothing.
    I'm in a bit of a predicament!!.
    Bloody car gave in today, going to be a pain now to get a car organised in time for the july SRD.
    Can any1 tell me how long before the day do we have to call in with the car reg cos i obviously now dont know what the reg of the car i will be driving will be!!!
    plus is every1 bringing family???
    mine all live across the pond and my fiancee is finding it tough getting it off work. Is in 100% necessary to bring family???
    plus if it works out that she cant make it, do i still have to stay and be the loner with no mates walking around on my own till 9pm????
    or can i just go on home???
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    BAD DAY!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Any sore heads??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

surfrunner wrote: »
    Any sore heads??

I'd say there'd definitely be one.......:p

But it aint mine!!!

Good night, great to see you all again/meet you!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

My head is a wee bit sore lol had a great time last night, apologies if I said or done anything to offend anyone but the last thing I can clearly remember is the second tequila (blame rosco). Considering I have never had a shot before I think I held up well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

hahaha. good night nice meeting people. really enjoyed the company. yeah, i bet a certain someone was dieing today haha. less cars next time though. that goes for you MGH. we could all do an RPC and get tequilla.

and delta. you owe me a lift home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

'Twas good meetin' some new faces lastnight, and catching up with some old!
    Congrats for you July starters, enjoy your SID! :D

Yeah last night was good craic guys, great cathcing up with old faces such as MGH&Given and also meeting new people! Cheers for the lift home Smyff and cheers Delta and Given for a great laugh!!;)

See some of you soon!!!!:eek:

PS Rosco you're a rocket!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 only1kingEric

Sounds like every1 had a great night las nite then. wish i could have made it up. ah well, i'm sure i'll get to meet every1 at the SID. not long to go now.
    i'd love to know wot delta was at. from the post delta sounds a little embarassed about something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

indeed it was Fo. i feel bad though. i thought you were an aul doll like MGH! hope you didnt die all day in work!

no probs Teg, i love to drive. ill get you a trance mix for running for the next time haha

and surfrunner, ill pm you some of those dream theater ones when i get the chance tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Sounds like every1 had a great night las nite then. wish i could have made it up. ah well, i'm sure i'll get to meet every1 on monday. not long to go now.
    i'd love to know wot delta was at. from the post delta sounds a little embarassed about something :D

Jst embarassed about the fact I was hammered on very little lol...

Please be careful not to indicate SID or Start date folks. I had to edit 3 posts there.

Ta

smyff wrote: »
    indeed it was Fo. i feel bad though. i thought you were an aul doll like MGH! hope you didnt die all day in work!

no probs Teg, i love to drive. ill get you a trance mix for running for the next time haha

and surfrunner, ill pm you some of those dream theater ones when i get the chance tomorrow!

Oi!!! Less of the aul doll you!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Delta2783 wrote: »
    Jst embarassed about the fact I was hammered on very little lol...

Compared to some you were postively sober....:p
    Tequilaaaaaaa.
    I hope you didnt puke on your Dora the Explorer Duvet cover...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Compared to some you were postively sober....:p
    Tequilaaaaaaa.
    I hope you didnt puke on your Dora the Explorere Duvet cover...:D

OK OK! I win the prize for being the most hammered. I died a death. Great to meet you dudes and had a brilliant night (up until the men in black came and wiped out my memory). Just the five bruises so not bad. I promise. Im only like that 82% of the time. :D

smyff wrote: »

Cheers Smyff mate look forward to that mix for running! Need something like that whilst running to keep me buzzing!:D Take care....

Hey folks,

Hope you all enjoyed SID as much as I did!:D Can I ask how everyone is carting their belongings to GV? I am thinking a suit case or how is everyone else bringing their gear in?

Cheers Teg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

integra1 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Hope you all enjoyed SID as much as I did!:D Can I ask how everyone is carting their belongings to GV? I am thinking a suit case or how is everyone else bringing their gear in?

Cheers Teg

A BIG BEG!!

A BIG BEG!!

lol I think I know what you mean!:D

A BIG BEG!!

LOL :D:D

A Big Blek Beg???

A BIG BEG!!

Wheres the nearest big beg shap? I searched ebay for big begs. They dont have them none.

beg is a great word when used in that context LOL

beg is a great word when used in that context LOL

Tut tut bc, bringing the July thread down to your (our) level

• Advertisement

shut it farmer girl :P

only joking, lets leave these july muppets in their wee look at me, i got the call thread and trot of back to our waiting room. what do you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

You all looked so cute in your wee suites at the SID.

Did everyone get on ok.

Any questions now is your chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Did everyone get on ok.

haha dont even mention suits, i stood out like a emmm pink balloon!

how ya geting on pc inwaiting?

if ya dont mind me asking will you need much clothes for during the week? im not sure how much we will be in uniform!

is there much time to learn the definations while in training or ya best geting a good head start now?

thanks given1

Did everyone get on ok.

It was brill. Laved it. Are you are red? V impressive. The reds were sooooooo cool. Terrified not cute...

shut it farmer girl :P

only joking, lets leave these july muppets in their wee look at me, i got the call thread and trot of back to our waiting room. what do you say?

July muppets? You are so off my christmas card list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

A BIG BEG!!

am i missing smefing? lol or is it much closer to home than i think??:D:D

July muppets? You are so off my christmas card list...

Apart from you chum :p

given1 wrote: »
    am i missing smefing? lol or is it much closer to home than i think??:D:D

If you missed it then i missed it too. Im beginning to feel a bit dim (and paranoid) round these parts.

It was brill. Laved it. Are you are red? V impressive. The reds were sooooooo cool. Terrified not cute...

A red,I think not. I am a Blue - senior squad big lad.

As for the clothes,bring a lot of casual stuff. There is a lot of classes etc at night where uniform is not needed.

As for the defs,get them learnt now. One thing you never have in GV in spare time,well in the first few weeks anyway. The more you can learn now the better.

I always went over mine at night but you are always so wrecked I fell asleep a lot.

I am nearly finished,can't believe it. Fingers crossed you will get to see me graduate.

Not going to lie, it is really hard. Get used to long nights and lots of studying. Your friends on the outside will be annoyed cause you never have anytime for them.

But its amazing.....you will love it.

• Advertisement

Did everyone get on ok.

Yes me! Are we def whisked off the first 3 days for Diversity training and during this period are we in civies?

Also, is it possible to get through a week with uniform given and leave washing/ironing until the weekend when home? Pleas say yes lol!:D

is it compulsory to stay for the first 4 weeks even if you live local? didnt think it was til you mentioned night classes there ^^^

Yes me! Are we def whisked off the first 3 days for Diversity and training and during this period are we in civies?

Also, is it possible to get through a week with uniform given and leave washing/ironing until the weekend when home? Pleas say yes lol!:D

Oi Teg. You wash. Ill iron. Deal or no deal. You smelly git. A week. In uniform. I pity your roomie is all. Fabreeze ahoy.

Yes me! Are we def whisked off the first 3 days for Diversity and training and during this period are we in civies?

Yup you are def in civies for all of your diversity training.

and yes, I always washed my uniform at the weekend, no need to do it at GV. Just wait until you see were you have to sleep lol.

Yeah members of my squad went home every night you just have to ask permission. Its good craic though livingin, you get to know your squad.

Oi Teg. You wash. Ill iron. Deal or no deal. You smelly git. A week. In uniform. I pity your roomie is all. Fabreeze ahoy.

Just wait until you see how much uniform you get. You could wear something new everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Just wait until you see how much uniform you get. You could wear something new everyday.

Hi PCI,
    Is there any dress code for after class or is it quite relaxed?
    If your allowed to pop home on an evening in the first 4 weeks do you have a curfew or is it just back in for start of class next day?
    1 more question if i may...... is it a heavy workload on an evening and for your weekends????????

• Advertisement

1979SD wrote: »
    Hi PCI,
    Is there any dress code for after class or is it quite relaxed?
    If your allowed to pop home on an evening in the first 4 weeks do you have a curfew or is it just back in for start of class next day?
    1 more question if i may...... is it a heavy workload on an evening and for your weekends????????

Nope its very relaxed, trackies or jeans.
    Not sure I should mention what time the gates close but yes there is a curfew but you could come back in the morning as well.
    Yes prepare to work at evenings and weekends, the exams are mental.

How is the fitness/PE there?:o

PE staff are amazing.

PE sessions are really tough but they are great, really gets you started in the right direction.

You are expected to have a certain level of fitness coming in. If you can't keep up or do any session they will notice and you don't want to go down that road.

I have my final PCA next week, bricking it.

PE staff are amazing.

PE sessions are really tough but they are great, really gets you started in the right direction.

You are expected to have a certain level of fitness coming in. If you can't keep up or do any session they will notice and you don't want to go down that road.

I have my final PCA next week, bricking it.

Good luck for that missy.

Do the PE staff help you though to get on the right track? What is a typical PE session like?

Good luck for that missy.

Do the PE staff help you though to get on the right track? What is a typical PE session like?

Yeah they give you programme to help you along. But its all about personal responsbility. You hear that a lot in GV.

Not sure if I should mention exactly what goes on. There are circuits, hill sprints, weight training and of course the dreaded 5K.

• Advertisement
Advertisement